Home to Directors Workshop!
Two nights of student directed scenes
Every spring, the Theater Department at Kean University offers a theatrical directing course in which the students learn how to come up with a production approach, create visually and emotionally effective stage pictures, how to best communicate with a design team as well as actors, and more. The class concludes with an event called "Directors workshop" in which all of the directing students get the opportunity to direct a scene or one act of their choice, and have it performed for a live audience. These students and their actors work long and hard to shape their best work possible and past Directors Workshop events have been noted to be one of joy, creativity, and of course good theater. This year, Directors Workshop will be taking place on the nights on April 19 and 20 at 7:00p.m. in Zella Fry black box theater, room 118.
Both nights have running times of approximately an hour and a half. However, perspective audience members should note that the set of seven scenes on Thursday differ from the set of seven scenes on Friday. This means that in order to see all 14 scenes one must come to both nights of performances, which should not be too be hard on the wallet, because the event is one hundred percent free! Whether it is to support fellow students, spend some leisure time, or to experience a night of creative energy, Directors Workshop is an event not to be missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Recent The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
RECENT THE COUGAR'S BYTE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections