Home to Directors Workshop!
Two nights of student directed scenes
Every spring, the Theater Department at Kean University offers a theatrical directing course in which the students learn how to come up with a production approach, create visually and emotionally effective stage pictures, how to best communicate with a design team as well as actors, and more. The class concludes with an event called "Directors workshop" in which all of the directing students get the opportunity to direct a scene or one act of their choice, and have it performed for a live audience. These students and their actors work long and hard to shape their best work possible and past Directors Workshop events have been noted to be one of joy, creativity, and of course good theater. This year, Directors Workshop will be taking place on the nights on April 19 and 20 at 7:00p.m. in Zella Fry black box theater, room 118.
Both nights have running times of approximately an hour and a half. However, perspective audience members should note that the set of seven scenes on Thursday differ from the set of seven scenes on Friday. This means that in order to see all 14 scenes one must come to both nights of performances, which should not be too be hard on the wallet, because the event is one hundred percent free! Whether it is to support fellow students, spend some leisure time, or to experience a night of creative energy, Directors Workshop is an event not to be missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Recent The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
RECENT THE COUGAR'S BYTE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer