From Chalkboard, to Whiteboard, to Blackboard
Delivering an effective learning experience through the Blackboard Learning System
Blackboard Learning System is an online education system that allows for the development of online courses and communication techniques that are traditionally offered in a classroom, without physically meeting. It also offers additional support to supplement in-class meetings.
The software enables teachers to make announcements to students and post course content such as the syllabus; assignments; quizzes and exams; discussions; videos and other media; the class roster; and mail. Students are able to add content to their calendars, chat with other students from their classes, create notes, and view their progress, as well as their grades.
To log into Blackboard, students should visit the Kean University website where the Blackboard icon is located on the bottom of the home page. Upon clicking this icon, the student will be taken to the log-in page. To log in, click "Log in to myBlackboard CE8," after which the student will be prompted to enter his or her username and password. The log-in credentials are the same as that for KeanGoogle. The student will then be able to see their list of their classes, where they may personalize their account.
According to the website, Blackboard "provides access to learning anytime, online, and on the most popular devices, saves educators time when delivering instruction and assessing learners, and enriches the experience with integrated digital content and external education tools."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More cougarsbyte News Articles
Recent cougarsbyte News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR COUGARSBYTE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COUGARSBYTE NEWS
RECENT COUGARSBYTE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards