"If We Didn't Have Birthdays, You Wouldn't Be You"
Liberty Hall celebrates Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
When reminiscing about childhood experiences, reading Dr. Seuss comes to mind. The rhymes, colors, and characters fill the imagination with wonder. Quotes such as: "Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham!" bring smiles to faces across the world. Dr. Seuss has impacted the lives of many and to this day, still does. He has taught us to read with enjoyment. He is a man that should be celebrated for his achievements.
Liberty Hall will be having a Dr. Seuss birthday breakfast. The main purpose of the event is to celebrate Dr. Seuss and "Read across America" to show children how much fun reading can be. On March 4, 2012 between 10 a.m. to noon, children of all ages are invited to celebrate the works and life of Dr. Seuss. Lacey Bongard of Liberty Hall exclaimed, "Dr. Seuss epitomizes a love of children and learning. Also, his use of rhymes makes his books a great tool for teaching young children the basic skills they need to be successful. When we celebrate Dr. Seuss and reading, we send a clear message to children that reading is fun and important."
The event includes a buffet breakfast with Dr.Seuss inspired names, a picture with a special guest, readings from some of Dr.Seuss' famous books, a few games, a craft, and a tour of the first floor of Liberty Hall Museum. The event is $20.00 for children and $25.00 for an adult. Reservations are required. Please call 908-527-0400 to reserve a seat.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More The Cougars Byte News Articles
Recent The Cougars Byte News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COUGARS BYTE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COUGARS BYTE NEWS
RECENT THE COUGARS BYTE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move