"If We Didn't Have Birthdays, You Wouldn't Be You"
Liberty Hall celebrates Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
When reminiscing about childhood experiences, reading Dr. Seuss comes to mind. The rhymes, colors, and characters fill the imagination with wonder. Quotes such as: "Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham!" bring smiles to faces across the world. Dr. Seuss has impacted the lives of many and to this day, still does. He has taught us to read with enjoyment. He is a man that should be celebrated for his achievements.
Liberty Hall will be having a Dr. Seuss birthday breakfast. The main purpose of the event is to celebrate Dr. Seuss and "Read across America" to show children how much fun reading can be. On March 4, 2012 between 10 a.m. to noon, children of all ages are invited to celebrate the works and life of Dr. Seuss. Lacey Bongard of Liberty Hall exclaimed, "Dr. Seuss epitomizes a love of children and learning. Also, his use of rhymes makes his books a great tool for teaching young children the basic skills they need to be successful. When we celebrate Dr. Seuss and reading, we send a clear message to children that reading is fun and important."
The event includes a buffet breakfast with Dr.Seuss inspired names, a picture with a special guest, readings from some of Dr.Seuss' famous books, a few games, a craft, and a tour of the first floor of Liberty Hall Museum. The event is $20.00 for children and $25.00 for an adult. Reservations are required. Please call 908-527-0400 to reserve a seat.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Recent The Cougar's Byte News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COUGAR'S BYTE NEWS
RECENT THE COUGAR'S BYTE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses