Whenever a student is in need of a medical appointment for whatever non-emergency reason, students can rely on the office of Health Services. Health Services is there to provide the best service possible to all students, but in order for a student to receive the help one needs, he or she needs to set up an appointment.
In order to schedule an appointment, students who haven’t done so must first activate his or her patient portal. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the patient portal website
- Click on the “click here to register” link in order to create a patient portal
- Enter requested information, student identification (ID) number (with all leading zeros) and birth date.
- After registering, an email will be sent to the student’s Kean University email with a password to the student’s portal. It is recommended that students change the password.
- After a student has activated his or her patient portal, he or she can then schedule an appointment
In order to schedule an appointment, follow the instructions below:
- Once logged in, on the top click on the “Appt. Scheduling” drop down menu, then click on “schedule appointment”
- Once there, select a date and reason for appointment
- Once date and reason is selected, a list of available appointments will appear; click the time that works best
- A confirmation email will be sent to the student’s Kean email
To cancel an appointment, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the patient portal website
- Enter requested information, student identification (ID) number (with all leading zeros) and password.
- Go to the appointment one wishes to cancel by clicking on the “Appt. Scheduling” drop down box and clicking on the “View Appts.” link.
- Once there, click on the link “click to cancel” and the status of the appointment should change to cancelled.
- One can also call the Health Services at 908-737-4800 to cancel their appointment.
- Please cancel appointment at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time. If a student does not cancel an appointment at least a day before scheduled appointment, he or she will be charged a $15 fee (the fee will be billed through Student Accounting).
Health Services is not only known for providing medical attention to students, they also host different programs throughout the fall and spring semesters. Students can participate in a variety of exercise classes also known as Fit To Be Kean (FTBK). Students can participate in Zumba classes, kickboxing classes, boot camp classes and conditioning classes. All of these classes are free to students and happen during both the fall and spring semester. For more information about FTBK, please visit the Health Services webpage where one can find the link to FTBK.
Students also have the opportunity to get tested for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Chlamydia and/or Gonorrhea. Health Services hosts a program called Get Yourself Tested throughout the academic year for students. For more information about this program, contact the Health Services office at 908-737-4880 or visit the office in Downs Hall room 126. Below are the office hours:
Fall and Spring semester hours:
Monday, through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Health Services is closed on Saturday and Sunday during the fall and spring semester.
Students must make an appointment in order to receive service from Health Services. For emergencies, students should call the campus police at this number 908-737-4800. For more information about Health Services, visit the Health Services webpage on Kean University’s website or visit the Health Services office.
Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. From Friday through Sunday, Health Services is closed.