The application is now open for undergraduate and graduate students to become a student representative on the Kean University Board of Trustees.
One student who applies will be elected to serve a two-year term as a representative. During the student's first year on the board, he or she will serve as an alternate member while during the second year he or she will serve as a voting member.
An eligible applicant must meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 years old
- United States citizen
- Full-time Kean University student
- In good standing with the university
Undergraduate students must have:
- At least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Completed a minimum of 30 credits (15 of which had to have been completed at Kean University)
Graduate students must have:
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- Completed a minimum of 12 credits at Kean University
Applications are available for eligible students on the Kean University website under the Student Affairs page at www.kean.edu/offices/student-affairs/student-trustees.
Applications can be retrieved at the following locations:
- Office of Student Government in MSC 309
- Center for Leadership and Service in MSC 219
- Office of Residential Student Services in Whiteman Hall
- MSC Information Desk
- Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in Kean Hall 124
All applications must be completed and returned to the office of the Vice President of Student Affairs in Kean Hall room 124 by Friday, September 16, 2016, at 2 p.m.
The election period opens Tuesday, September 27, 2016, at 9 a.m. and closes Wednesday, September 28, 2016, at 6 p.m. Current Kean University students are eligible to vote by logging on to their Cougar Link throughout the voting period.
For more information regarding the alternate member position, visit the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs in room 124 of Kean Hall or call 908-737-7080.