Alternate Student Trustee Election Candidates

Voting takes place from 9 a.m. Tuesday, September 27, through 6 p.m. Wednesday, September 28

Campus News > Alternate Student Trustee Election Candidates

The special election for the Alternate Student Trustee takes place from 9 a.m. Tuesday, September 27, 2016, until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2016. All votes must be cast by 6 p.m. to be included in the official election results.

The Alternate Student Trustee is a student representative to the Kean University Board of Trustees. The student serves as a nonvoting alternate representative during their first year and becomes the voting student trustee during their second year of the two-year position. All matriculated Kean University students are eligible to vote for Alternate Student Trustee.

To vote in this election, please follow these steps during the election voting period:

1. Go to Cougar Link through the Campus Life section of the Kean University homepage, www.kean.edu, or navigate there directly by going to http://kean.collegiatelink.net.
  2. Log in using your KeanGOOGLE username (without “@kean.edu”) and password. The login link is located on the top right of the Cougar Link page. If you have not activated your account, you will be prompted to complete a profile upon logging in for the first-time. 
  3. Click the link for “VOTE NOW” for the Student Alternate Board of Trustees Representative - 2016 Special Election on the Cougar Link homepage.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions and make your ballot selections.
  5. Review your selections and click “VOTE” to officially cast your ballot.

You may also access the ballot directly by going to https://kean.collegiatelink.net/election/start/111953. Please note, you can only access the ballot during the set election dates and times and you must login before being able to vote.

If you experience any complications voting, please contact Cougar Link support at cougarlink@kean.edu.

Additional voter instructions can be found online by clicking here.

To learn more about the candidates, please review the statements below provided by each candidate. 

Marcus Bruce

My name is Marcus Bruce I am a junior currently majoring in biotechnology and computer science. I am advancing through courses at the colligate level gaining knowledge on several skills I can use in my field of study. I was born and raised in Yonkers, New York, I am the oldest child of two. I migrated to New Jersey to attend high school, which I completed at Franklin High in Somerset, New Jersey. I graduated high school with a 3.2 GPA with a focus in engineering, and I am also a first generation college student. I enjoy playing sports, cooking and exploring nature, I also write computer programs in my spare time. I am a student leader and currently employed in the Miron Student Center, where I work in Game room; as well as a part time sales rep at Nordstrom specialty store.  I have an interest in science and technology and I plan to utilize both in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry, each day I learn something new that will help me excel in my career thanks to the great dedication of the professors and faculty at Kean University.

Kristen Failla

My name is Kristen Failla and I am a sophomore, major in Sociology, and am currently working with the Center for Leadership and Service as a Service Specialist.  I am also a Silver Leader of the Leadership Institute and involved in other clubs on campus such as the Point and Shoot Photography club, American Sign Language Association, and the Italian Cultural Club. I am striving to be your next Alternate Student Trustee because I want to listen. Being President of the student group, Operation Smile, and being a member in these clubs, I have gained the ability to not only listen to other’s concerns, but to more importantly do something about them and never let them go unnoticed. My current leadership involvement on campus has provided me with skills that I promise to carry with me when representing Kean University. If given the opportunity, I plan on dedicating the rest of my time in college to communicating my input in regards to social issues on campus, and provide a voice for the student body that allows for the highest academic and social college experience. I believe that all students should love the university they attend and if anything disrupts that, students should have the opportunity to share their opinions and I plan on giving students an outlet to do exactly that.

Angelica Glispie

Two important aspects of a great leader is being able to listen to the voices of those who have concerns and execute change. I will and I can do just that. My name is Angelica Glispie a current junior majoring in Media Communications and Marketing. On campus, I currently hold the titles as a Student Ambassador and President of an organization, I am Woman. Previously, I was a sophomore class student government representative and member of the dining advisory board. I was always involved with activities that provided changes for the better or uplifted students. Although my plate has always been full, I still managed to obtain a 3.8 GPA and remain a scholar every semester. This exhibits time management and prioritizing. In the end, titles are great, but it’s what you do with them that makes it even greater. The Board of Trustees requires all of that and more. Assisting with the mission statement of the University is a vital duty of a Board of Trustee. A student like myself will help to uphold that statement by incorporating the most vital factor, your voices.

“If you vote for me, I’ll do my best for you.”

-Angelica Glispie

Vincent Lamparello

My name is Vincent Lamparello. I am a Junior here at Kean university majoring in finance. If elected, I will commit to hear the voices of the student body and represent them during my term at student representative to the board of trustees. I am looking to address issues with parking, student involvement, and general job skills including internship preparedness and seminars for success as well as any other issues the student body finds to be relevant.

Annerys Matos

My name is Annerys Matos and I am 19 years old.  I am a dedicated, hard-working student pursuing a Bachelors degree in Finance and a minor in Management. Currently, I am a junior with a cumulative GPA of 3.5. My interest in becoming a Student Representative for the Board of Trustees results from my desire to become the student's voice and being able to provide information about students concerns and act upon those. I believe that my professional experience working at the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs exemplifies my professional ethics and communication skills that will help me be a solid representative for the student body. I am also the President of the Global Business Club and I am a Cougar Volunteer, here at Kean. 

Adrienne Mezey

Adrienne Mezey is a senior at Kean pursuing a degree in mathematics education through the university's STEM program. After finishing her Bachelor's in Science and Technology Mathematics degree in May of this year, Adrienne will be staying an additional year for her Master's in Instruction and Curriculum. Adrienne possesses a great love for Kean and hopes to pass those feelings along to the current and future students of Kean University. She is currently in her third year as a First Year Resident Assistant and is currently the President of the Biotechnology Club on campus. Through her involvement, Adrienne has had many interactions with faculty and members of the student body at Kean. She hopes to serve as a liaison between the students and the university's administration, as she understands the concerns that students possess. If given the opportunity to serve on the Board of Trustees and advocate for the students, Adrienne will make sure that the student voice is heard and properly communicated to the rest of the Kean family.