Looking For Something?

Cougar Fair becomes a monthly on-campus marketplace

Campus News > Looking For Something?
Looking For Something?

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer

Looking for some new earphones? What about a new hat or jacket? Or a jersey of a professional sports team? No time to go shop at malls or stores off campus? Well, the Cougar Fair has the answers for all of these problems!

Every month, the Cougar Fair is held in the atrium of the Miron Student Center (MSC). The vendors are called by MSC Operations and Event Management to sell goods to students who do not have time to go out and buy items off campus. 

The vendors come once a month during the fall and spring semesters, and they stay from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With this schedule in place, there will always be a chance to visit the fair. Everyone is free to attend, student or not, and all proceeds go to the MSC. 

There is an arrangement of various items people can purchase, from clothes to hair products. All these items are new and come to the convenience of the students. All vendors accept credit card, so no need to worry about having cash that one day.

The main vendors presented at the Cougar Fair are John's Jewelry Box, Soward, Sportz Teamz, Town Beauty and Balfour.

John's Jewelry Box sells an assortment of silver jewelry and phone items, such as earphones. Soward sells casual clothes, a different variety of jewelry and shea butter. Sportz Teamz sell hats, t-shirts and jerseys of professional sport teams. From time to time, Sportz Teamz sells a bit of college teams apparel. Teams ranging from football and baseball to soccer and hockey, almost every team will be there.Town Beauty sells jackets and plenty of hair and face products, like curling irons and shampoo and conditioner. Town Beauty even holds sales of multiple hair accessories for a small price of $1-$5. 

Michelle Handel and Bobbi Brezina are two workers representing Balfour. Balfour sells class rings for Kean University and they come to campus a few times a semester. The rings are mostly directed towards juniors and seniors, but do not hesitate on buying a ring even if a freshman or sophomore. 

The MSC holds the Cougar Fair this semester on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, Wednesday, November 9, 2016 and Wednesday, December 7, 2016. Be sure to not miss out because who knows what a student will find!

Joanna Kristine Ninal - web

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer
ninaljo@kean.edu

Joanna Kristine Ninal is an English education double major with minors in Asian and Chinese studies. Ninal works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte since fall 2016. Ninal loves to play video games, such as “Overwatch” and “Final Fantasy XIV”, as well as create projects such as videos, stories and scripts in her free time. She loves to read and write, especially dramatic and romantic themes in young adult literature like the Harry Potter series and the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series. Her goal in life is to be an English teacher and travel around to teach in countries such as Japan, China and South Korea.