This May will mark the culmination of an academic journey for some seniors, but many others will continue the journey in pursuit of an advanced degree from Kean University's Nathan Weiss Graduate College.
Nathan Weiss Graduate College has several graduate programs, offering students the opportunity to advance their careers by earning a doctorate degree, master's degree, professional diploma or certification.
The programs offered cover a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Bilingual education
- Biotechnology science
- Business administration
- Computer information systems
- Early childhood education
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Public administration
- Speech language pathology
To apply to the Nathan Weiss Graduate College, applicants must submit an online application.
The following materials are required when applying:
- $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (foreign equivalent also accepted)
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (applicants with a cumulative GPA less than 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of their application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts in official sealed envelopes (includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement detailing an applicant's academic and professional goals (limited to three typed pages, double-spaced)
- 2-3 Letters of recommendation (Please consult with the individual program requirements as to how many recommendations are required)
- Upon application submission, click on "Submit Supplemental Items." In the "Recommendation Requests" section, click "Start" to identify the person writing the recommendation. The application system will electronically send a request to the person(s) inviting them to complete their recommendation online.
- Standardized Test Scores (Please consult with the individual program requirements to see which test is required for admission; some programs do not require test scores)
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is required of all international students and students who have completed their prior education in a country where English is not the native language. (Applicants who have completed at least 6 credits of college level English courses from a U.S. institution or who have submitted SAT or ACT exam scores may be exempt)
- Copy of license (not required for all programs)
- Supplemental Application (not required for all programs)
Applicants can save their progress while applying and review the application before submitting. For more information, visit the application requirements webpage.
Each program has a specific deadline for the fall, spring and summer term. Program application deadlines for each area of study can be found on the "Prospective Students" section of the graduate college website.
To help expedite the process of applying for the fall 2017 semester, Grad Apply Days will be held in March 2017, with admissions counselors on site to assist students. Applicants are encouraged to bring all application supporting materials in official sealed envelopes. Details on specific requirements for each program, as well as links to graduate program pages, are available on the graduate college website.
Preparing for graduate school can be hectic, but there is no need to be overwhelmed with all the resources provided by Kean University.
Congratulations future graduate school students. The next stop: Nathan Weiss Graduate College.