Do Not Fear, Registrar Is Here!

They will bring students to the right direction

Features > Do Not Fear, Registrar Is Here!
Do Not Fear, Registrar Is Here!

Enter through these doors and make a right to go to the Office of Registrar

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer

The Office of Registrar is located in the Administration Building, next to Townsend Hall. It is the office that provides various services for Kean University's students, faculty, staff and visitors. 

"We point students in the right direction -- from registering for a course, dropping a course or even helping students fill in their graduation paperwork," said Michael Alston, senior biology major and assistant at the Office of Registrar.

Other services the Registrar provides include academic record maintenance, course scheduling, transcript processing, grade collection and recalculation, graduation evaluation, assistance with name, address and residency status change and enrollment verification. 

The best way to receive help from the Office of Registrar is to either send an e-mail to regme@kean.edu or come in during their office hours, but coming in during their office hours usually helps the students as soon as possible. 

It is advised that students know the course work they need assistance with in addition to knowing where the buildings and offices are, such as financial aid or the front desk of Center for Academic Success (CAS).

Students with questions or concerns about graduation, transcripts, issues with their degree evaluation or transferring credits from another college or university should come to the Office of Registrar.

The Office of Registrar is open from Monday to Saturday and closed on Sunday.

Their office hours are:

• Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Office of Registrar tends to be extremely busy during the beginning of the semester and the end of the semester, so come in as soon as possible and they will do their best to help students on their academic journey.

Joanna Kristine Ninal - web

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer
ninaljo@kean.edu

Joanna Kristine Ninal is an English education double major with minors in Asian and Chinese studies. Ninal works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte since fall 2016. Ninal loves to play video games, such as “Overwatch” and “Final Fantasy XIV”, as well as create projects such as videos, stories and scripts in her free time. She loves to read and write, especially dramatic and romantic themes in young adult literature like the Harry Potter series and the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series. Her goal in life is to be an English teacher and travel around to teach in countries such as Japan, China and South Korea.