The Graduate and Part-Time Student Council (GPSC) has opened the application for the election of its executive board. To be considered in the election, interested students must submit an application by 2 p.m. on Friday, March 3, 2017.
Students can access the application by visiting Cougar Link.
Lawrence Owens, current president of the GPSC, provided further information about which positions students can apply for and the responsibilities for each position.
"Membership is limited to current graduate and part-time undergraduate matriculated students, as defined by the [Kean] University Registrar," said Owens.
Students can run for president, vice president, treasurer or secretary.
- Oversees executive board and council meetings
- A member of various campus committees with administration
- Meets with administrators such as the vice president and directors
- Takes on president's role when they are absent
- Leads the creation of events and programs for the organization
- Works with the vice president to ensure events and programs work within budget
- Monitors and reports the state of the budget to the executive board and council
- Records the minutes for the executive board and council meetings
- Reaches out to those interested in becoming council representatives for GPSC
- Maintains a record of council members
Graduate and part-time students interested in applying for a position on the executive board must have a GPA of at least a 3.0.
For further information, students can get in touch with the Office of Student Government at 908-737-5190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.