Who's Hiring?

Student employment opportunities are only steps away

Campus News > Who's Hiring?
Who's Hiring?

Make college life easier by working on campus

Sara Ridgway

Looking to get involved on campus while making money to pay the bills? On campus job opportunities are available for students to apply now. 

Positions are open in a variety of different offices around campus. The offices hiring student-employees and positions currently open are outlined below.

Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs (AToD) Task Force Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct

• Positions Available: Peer Education Coordinator (part-time, paraprofessional position)
  • Responsibilities:
    • Assist administrating AToD activities and programs
    • Provide harm reduction information to the campus community
    • Serve as a positive lifestyle and health coordinator
  • GPA Requirement: 2.75

How To Apply: Cougar Link

For more information about the position's responsibilities and requirements for employment consideration, contact the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct by calling 908-737-5240, emailing atodpeers@kean.edu or visiting room 317 in the Miron Student Center (MSC).

The Center for Leadership and Service (CLS)

• Positions Available: 
    • Customer Service Specialist
    • Senior Customer Service Specialist
    • Co-curricular Transcript Specialist
    • Greek Life Specialist
    • Involvement Specialist
    • Senior Involvement Specialist (Peer Involvement Advising)
    • Senior Involvement Specialist (Operations and Staff Development)
    • Jumpstart Specialist
    • Service Specialist
    • Senior Service Specialist
    • The Cougar's Byte Staff Writer
    • The Cougar's Byte Editor
    • The Cougar's Byte Graphic Design Specialist
  • Responsibilities: Each position requires different responsibilities depending on the unit. The CLS consists of the Kean Leadership Institute, community and volunteer services, Greek life, the Involvement Center and student group development, The Cougar's Byte student newsletter and the Co-Curricular Trasnscript (CCT) Program.
  • GPA Requirement: 2.5

How To Apply: Cougar Link

Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017 at 5 p.m.

For more information about the positions' responsibilities and requirements for employment consideration, contact the CLS by calling 908-737-5170, emailing clsjobs@kean.edu or visiting room 219 in MSC.

Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management Office

• Positions Available: 
    • Computer lab Consultant
    • Game Room Attendant
    • Information Desk Attendant
    • Operations Manager
  • Responsibilities: Serve as a resource for students by supporting the university's educational missions and providing opportunities for social interactions across the Kean community. 
  • GPA Requirement: 2.5

How To Apply: Cougar Link

Deadline: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 12 p.m.

For more information about the positions' responsibilities and requirements for employment consideration, contact the Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management Office by calling 908-737-5200, emailing uca@kean.edu or visiting room 6 in MSC. 

Office of Student Government

• Positions Available: 
    • Accounting/Finance
    • Graphic Design
    • General Office Support
    • Marketing
  • GPA Requirement: 2.5

How To Apply: Cougar Link

For more information about the positions' responsibilities and requirements for employment consideration, contact the Office of Student Government by calling 908-737-5190, emailing stuorg@kean.edu or visiting room 309 in MSC.

Transfer Transitions Program - School of General Studies

• Positions Available: Transfer Instructional Mentors (TIM)
  • Responsibilities: 
    • Co-teach with a faculty member in a GE 3000 Transfer Transitions Course
    • Provide support for their assigned group of students
  • GPA Requirement: 3.2 (Transfer students only)

How To Apply: Cougar Link and bring to School of General Studies in room 201 of the Maxine and Jack Lane Center for Academic Success (CAS). 

Deadline: Thursday, March 30, 2017

For more information about the positions' responsibilities and requirements for employment consideration, contact the School of General Studies by calling 908-737 0330 or visiting room 201 of CAS. TIM Coordinator Wilma Velazquez can be reached at 909-737-0355 and velazquw@kean.edu. 

Do not hesitate to apply for employment on campus as many deadlines are approaching quickly.

Sara Ridgway is double majoring in a marketing and communication with a concentration in media and film. She works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte. Now entering her junior year at Kean University, Ridgway is currently honing her skills as she prepares for a career as a reporter upon graduation. In addition to being a well-rounded student, Ridgway has a variety of interests outside of the classroom. Ridgway plays for the Kean University women's volleyball team and also enjoys snowboarding, photography and other outdoor activities. She also has aspirations of travelling the world and working as a reporter abroad.