Mingjie Xiang

Wenzhou-Kean leaves impression on alumnus

Mingjie Xiang

Mingjie Xiang, an alumnus of the first class of Wenzhou-Kean is pursuing his master’s degree at Macquarie University

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor

Wenzhou-Kean University is known for having influential students, as well as students who strive to better their education and future.

Mingjie Xiang is a Wenzhou-Kean alumnus who now attends Macquarie University in Australia studying commerce of organization.

Memories are a great thing to have especially in college. College is the time to meet new people and make friends, join clubs and make independent decisions. Xiang reflected on all of the amazing aspects at his time at Wenzhou-Kean.

“What I appreciated most about my time in Wenzhou-Kean was meeting my professors and friends. These respectable professors shared much valuable knowledge and impressive life experience with me,” Xiang said. Xiang is also found of his time playing basketball with his classmates as a part of the Cougar Warriors basketball team. He credits his teammates with helping him understand the importance of teamwork. 

Whenever a new chapter in life is started people often look back and are nostalgic. Xiang mentioned his love for the classes and the education provided at Wenzhou-Kean University.

Leaving Wenzhou-Kean, Xiang can now use the mottos of modesty and confidence to further his knowledge and career.

“Wenzhou-Kean University taught me to be modest and confident and keep on learning in my future life,” he said. “I had a special and unforgettable experience there.”

Xiang is a curious person who wants to learn about new cultures so moving to Sydney, Australia, to attend Macquarie University is a good experience for him.

“I decided to go to Macquarie University because I wanted to enrich myself and understand Aussie culture.”

One thing about Xiang is that he is interested in education and learning more is precious to him.

“All experiences in Wenzhou-Kean became a treasure and promoted me to continue my education,” he explained.

Commerce of organization is a business network and the goal is to create conditions for economic growth and opportunity, something that interests Xiang. 

“I expect to graduate in the next year, which is crazy,” Xiang said. “It was just a year ago or so ago when I graduated from Wenzhou-Kean and now I am almost done with my degree at Macquarie.”

Xiang expressed his excitement of starting another chapter of his life and he is very grateful the opportunities and chances he was given at Wenzhou-Kean University to better his future.

Petruce Jean Charles - Web

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor
jeanchap@kean.edu

Petruce Jean-Charles is a senior majoring in communication with a concentration in journalism. In Spring 2017 she joined The Cougar's Byte staff. She is goal-driven and dedicated to accomplishing her goals, where she wishes to work for successful companies like Huffington Post or The Washington Post. In her free time, she enjoys listening to different artists and watching new horror and thriller movies.