After a bachelor's degree, there are many options for students like starting a job in their career, enlisting in the military and going to graduate school. On East Campus, the Nathan Weiss Graduate College is available for Kean University students to continue and excel in their studies.
Nathan Weiss Graduate College has many requirements to make sure its students are prepared to apply and step foot on the campus. The Nathan Weiss Graduate College welcomes applications for graduate admissions from all candidates who meet the requirements of the University and the program.
It should also be noted that each student must apply online because online applications allow students to save their progress while finishing each stage of the application process.
The application requirements are as followed:
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Official copies of all college transcripts especially for transfer credits
- Professional resume
After a professional resume comes the personal statement. Applicants should take the opportunity to introduce themselves to admissions, speak of their academic and professional goals, life lessons, personal stories and explain why they believe Kean is the perfect fit for them. The personal statement is a chance for an applicant to make a good first impression.
Next, letters of recommendation are required in order to get a sense of the applicant's abilities from an outside point of view. Each applicant should look into their specific requirements for their major, including how many are needed.
When applying, one should review their standardized tests, for it is important to consult with each program if official test scores are required for submission. When registering or ordering official score results, please use the following codes to ensure proper delivery of your scores:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - Institution Code 2517
For applicants using a Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) application, a service of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) that allows applicants to use a single application to apply to Physical Therapy programs. Please send your scores using the following codes:
- Physical Therapy (DPT) - PTCAS GRE Institutional Code 7444
- Speech-Language Pathology (M.A.) - CSDCAS Institutional Code 2436
- Combined School and Clinical Psychology (Psy. D.) - PSYCAS Institutional Code 2251
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - Institution Code 2517- Kean University
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - Recipient Code 1398
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Institution Code 2517
Transcripts are a great way for applicants and new students to submit and showcase their grades, courses and degrees received from any college or university.
Once an online application has been submitted, all supporting materials need to be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Official transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Resume
- Any other supporting materials required for your application
Office for Graduate Admission hours are as followed:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Office of Graduate Admissions is located at Kean Hall and The Nathan Weiss Graduate College departments and Dean's office are on our East Campus. If students have any questions or concerns they can visit firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-737-7100.
An application is just one click away!