Hooked On Books

This calls for the wallet to come out

Essentials > Hooked On Books
Hooked On Books

Green Lane has their books fresh off the shelf

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer

Every semester that passes by, the wallets of every student cry in pain. That means it is time for students to buy books for their classes!

But no fear, the Kean University bookstore can gladly assist one's needs to find a book for their class.

The Barnes and Noble located at the Green Lane Academic Building (GLAB) has all the books professors request from their students. The bookstore not only has books available for students to purchase, but they also have school supplies in case students run out of paper, binders, pencils, and so on.

Both new and used textbooks can be purchased or rented from the official campus bookstore. Unlike the campus bookstore, the satellite Barnes and Noble bookstore located in the alumni atrium of the Miron Student Center (MSC) offers regular books for pure enjoyment.

From coloring books to comic books, there are many items to buy from the campus bookstore.

Students might think the bookstore does not have much to offer, but they also offer digital books for select courses, study guides and other classroom essentials.

But that is not all! Both the GLAB and the satellite bookstore offer all types of Kean University apparel. From hoodies to sweatpants and from baseball caps to Under Armour, the university bookstores are ready to provide students the perfect attire for any weather condition.

For those who cannot make it to the bookstore or are simply pressed for time, books can also be obtained online through the bookstore website. Textbooks that are ordered online can be shipped to a student's address or picked up at the GLAB bookstore.

No books can be purchased or ordered for pick up at the satellite store in MSC.

Don't know which books are needed for class? To find the list of books that are needed for the semester, follow these steps.

• Log on to KeanWISE
  • Go to the 'Students' tab and click the tab 'My Class Schedule' under the Academic Profile section 
  • Select the term the class will occur
  • Once the class schedule appears, click the View Books link (this will redirect to the bookstore webpage) 

The bookstore now offers price matches on textbooks sold or rented directly from Amazon (third-party sellers excluded), Barnes & Noble and local competitors (online marketplaces and peer-to-peer pricing are ineligible). Digital books, access codes and special orders are not eligible for price match.

Students can save up to 80 percent by price matching new, used and rental textbooks through the campus bookstore. To take advantage of this cost-saving offer, the following details apply:

• Textbook(s) must be the same edition/format and include all accompanying materials 
  • Textbook(s) must be in stock on competitor's website or store at the time of price match
  • Rental terms must be the same
  • One price match per title (multiple copies of the same title are prohibited)

More information on the price match offer can be found by visiting the bookstore website.

The start of a new semester can be hectic, but students can save time and money by shopping at the campus bookstore.

The GLAB bookstore hours of operation for the spring and fall semesters are:

Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

During the summer session, they follow a different schedule:

Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

For the satellite bookstore, hours of operation for the spring and fall semesters are:

Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

During the summer, the satellite bookstore is closed and will resume operation during regular school semesters.

For more information, call the campus bookstore at 908-737-4940.

Joanna Kristine Ninal - web

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer
ninaljo@kean.edu

Joanna Kristine Ninal is an English education double major with minors in Asian and Chinese studies. Ninal works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte since fall 2016. Ninal loves to play video games, such as “Overwatch” and “Final Fantasy XIV”, as well as create projects such as videos, stories and scripts in her free time. She loves to read and write, especially dramatic and romantic themes in young adult literature like the Harry Potter series and the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series. Her goal in life is to be an English teacher and travel around to teach in countries such as Japan, China and South Korea.