Attention, class of 2018! It is about that time of the year where students should take into consideration all of the requirements for graduation. For those who are not aware, as a friendly reminder, students are required to fill out and return a graduation form to the Office of Registrar.
Undergraduate students with 82 credits or more are eligible for graduation and will be emailed information regarding the 2018 graduation application by the end of March for January 2018 and the end of July for May and August 2018.
It is understandable that prospective students would disregard the deadlines and dates to apply for graduation, but it is important that students ask questions and look into what they need for graduation.
The forms that students should look into are:
- Paying Graduation Application Fee By Mail: All students applying for a baccalaureate degree are required to pay a graduation application fee of $100.00, which can be made in person to the Student Accounting Office, Administration Building, 3rd floor.
- Sample Curriculum Guide Sheet: This is a way for students to make sure that they have completed all of their courses before they graduate.
- Final Checklist: This form is a means to make sure each student has completed all requirements including but not limited to a degree application form, reviewing the guide sheet and many more.
- Teacher of the Year: Students can show their appreciation for their professors through this form.
Students should also keep in consideration these points:
- Print and complete degree application
- Review the degree requirements with a faculty adviser in your major department if you haven’t done so already.
- Fill out a Sample Curriculum Guide Sheet
- Complete, if applicable, second major/academic content area/minor/collateral guide sheet with the signature of the department chairperson or executive director (academic content areas are for education students only).
- Pay the required graduation fee ($100.00) at the Student Accounting Office and attach your receipt to your application
- Submit the completed application to the Office of the Registrar (Administration Building 1st Floor) by the published deadline.
Students with additional questions should contact the Office of the Registrar at 908-737-3290.