Applying to be part of Student Organization allows students the opportunity to gain the experience, credibility and skills they want and need upon graduating Kean University. To enhance and control the college experience, students should apply for a Student Organization's executive board position or that of a senator by March 2, 2018 on Cougar Link.
Student Organization is a part of student government and acts as the voice of undergraduate students by creating relatable and likable events, encouraging student participation, leading classes and helping to resolve problems around campus. The organization's main focus in doing all such things is to help cultivate learning and personal growth for students and members of the association.
To apply, applicants must be full-time, undergraduate students of Kean University and meet certain requirements for any respective position.
The application can be found on Cougar Link and must be submitted through Cougar Link by Friday, March 2, 2018 at 2 p.m.
The open executive board positions are as follows:
- Executive Vice-President
- Vice President of Funded Groups
- Vice President of Programming
- Assistant Secretary
- Senior Class President
- Junior Class President
- Sophomore Class President
The respective senior, junior, and sophomore class officer positions of Vice- President, Treasurer, and Secretary are open as well.
The senator positions are as follows:
- 9 open for the senior class
- 9 open for the junior class
- 9 open for the sophomore class
Credit criteria unique to certain positions are as follows:
- The Executive Board President, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Funded Groups, Vice President of Programming, and Treasurer must have at least 56 credits.
- To be an officer or senator for any particular class, students must have 29-55.5 credits to be a sophomore representative, 56-89.5 credits to be a junior representative, and 90 or more credits to be a senior representative.
All of the credit requirements per position include credits in progress.
More information about responsibilities and requirements can be found on the application itself.
For any questions, comments, or concerns, contact the Office of Student Government at email@example.com or at 908-737-5190.