Career Opportunities at Kean University

Career Day will take place on Wednesday, April 25

Campus News > Career Opportunities at Kean University
Career Opportunities at Kean University

Wouldn't it be great to gain the knowledge and preparation for today's job market?

Kean University is an educational institution that emphasizes the importance of education but also provides opportunities for professional and career excellence. On Wednesday, April 25, the Office of Career Development and Advancement will be hosting a career fair from noon to 4 p.m., located Downs Hall.

This event was created to allow students the privilege to meet companies interested in hiring college students.

The Office of Career Development and Advancement located in Nancy Thompson Library, Room 145 seek to prepare students to compete in the job market outside of Kean University. It also offers many services to lead students to a successful path, some of which include:

• Resume Workshops
  • Career Counselors
  • Job Fairs

The office also maintains information on the latest career resources such as College Central Network. College Central Network is career tool that students are suggested to use. It provides the following:

• Announcements of upcoming workshops, programs and events  
  • Comprehensive career and job search services
  • Part-time, full-time and seasonal job listings
  • Access to professional mentors
  • Career advice and support
  • Assistance with building a resume and portfolio 

Its goal is to empower students through each stage of their career development, and through career fairs it is able to provide students with a taste of professionalism and leadership.

Students are highly recommended to register before attending the career fairs. In order to do so, students can visit Career Development, call (908) 737-4626 or visit the Career Development Office.

So take the initiative and register for the career fair!