A Look into Involvement Week

What students can expect from Involvement Week at Kean

Campus News > A Look into Involvement Week
A Look into Involvement Week

One thing that students both prospective and continuing can expect from Kean University is the many events provided for involvement. With that being said, Kean University's Involvement Center located in the Miron Student Center (MSC), Room 303 is hosting an important campus-wide event. 

Furthermore, the event is called Involvement Week where students will have the opportunity to learn about the plethora of clubs and organizations spread through Union, Wenzhou-Kean and Kean Ocean. Therefore, students looking to experience diverse and interesting organizations on campus should attend at least one of these events.

For students who are eager to get involved, there are many options that can be beneficial for the Kean community and its students. From community service, to networking and resume building, memories can be made through these events.

Like stated before, the Involvement Center is adamant about student involvement. Bria Williams, a senior involvement specialist for programming and outreach, has put a lot of work into making sure that each event will be helpful for students.

These are the following events:

• Scavenger Hunt: This event will span through five days including Monday, Sept. 17, Wednesday, Sept. 19, Friday, Sept. 21, Tuesday, Sept. 25 and Thursday, Sept. 27. All students are invited to partake in the Involvement Center's Scavenger Hunt, where they will be taken on a journey that reaches every edge on campus and have fun while doing it. All clues will correspond to one of the seven ways one can get involved on campus. Clues will be sent out on specific dates and will be in the form of a riddle or similar rhetoric. At the end of the scavenger hunt, the student will present the completed quiz at the final destination and receive the code to get a prize.
  • Shazam It: On Tuesday, Sept. 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Cougar's Den located in the Miron Student Center. Student groups must select a team of three members to represent their organization for this event. Before each song is played, the category it falls in will be displayed and each team must select the member of their team that will be competing for that round. Students who have a passion for music should consider attending this event to test their knowledge of different genres.
  • Eat N' Play Trivia: On Friday, Sept. 21 from noon to 2 p.m. in the Cougar's Den students dining will have the opportunity to participate in a game to win a prize. If one chooses to stay they will test their knowledge of Kean in a trivia game show. From one's seat, they will attempt to complete all several rounds of fun trivia.

If students are interested in more information about Involvement Week or involvement at Kean, contact the Involvement Center in MSC, Room 303, email ljonatha@kean.edu or call (908) 737-5270.