Commuting Made Convenient

The Commuter Resource Center is a tool that can benefit non-resident students

Campus Life > Commuting Made Convenient
Commuting Made Convenient

The Commuter Resource Center aims to be a tool for the betterment of non-residential students.

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor

Imagine graduating from high school, a place where everyone knows each other and where it is easy to be involved. Then imagine stepping onto a campus like Kean University as a commuter where it is easier to simply attend class and go home. Kean University is an institution that prides itself in its capability to help commuters feel welcome and involved. 

Through the Office of Student Government, the Commuter Resource Center (CRC) serves as an influential environment that captures students' attention with fun, academic and relaxing resources. The CRC office is located in Hutchinson Hall, Room 130 where commuters can access all of the assets it has. 

The goal for the CRC is to engage, involve and support commuter students in each of their endeavors at Kean. Students can become in engaged by participating in various programs that aid in interactions between commuter and residential students.

Here are a list of the resources provided:

• Microwave
  • Mini fridge
  • Water cooler
  • Computer workstations
  • Color printer
  • Lockers
  • Study areas

Here are a few links that commuter students may find helpful:

For students who may have questions about meal plans, parking, lockers, transportation and other commuter needs, one can visit the Kean website.

The hours for the CRC are as follows:

• Monday and Wednesday from noon to 8 p.m.
  • Tuesday from noon to 5 p.m.
  • Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

So if one is a commuter, it is recommended to take advantage of the tools that are provided at the CRC. The CRC can truly serve as the spark that gets commuters more active and involved on campus. For more information students can visit CRC or CougarLink to stay informed and involved!

f9ce4043-ff8b-43ee-be59-5dc5163dae95.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor
jeanchap@kean.edu

Petruce Jean-Charles is a senior majoring in communication-journalism. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2017. She is a goal-driven person and one of her goals would be to work for successful companies like Boldly or Huffington Post. In her free time, she enjoys listening to a variety of music and watching horror movies. Her favorite horror movie is “IT”.