To Be In Involved, Or To Not Be Involved?

The Involvement Center seeks to provide students with various opportunities

Essentials > To Be In Involved, Or To Not Be Involved?

The Involvement Center is a tool that can enhance a student's campus career.

Ever thought of getting involved in college? Transitioning from high school where clubs and organizations are easily accessible may deter a student from wanting to join college clubs. 

Kean University is an institution that prides itself in its ability to provide student satisfaction through clubs, organizations and events. The Involvement Center, located in the Miron Student Center (MSC) Room 303, is in connection with the Office of Student Government, Center for Leadership and Service, Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management Office and Kean University’s student governments to serve as a hub for student involvement.

Why is it important to be involved in college? 

• It is essential because it allows students to connect with their school. The college life can be very resourceful if a student desires to obtain information and involvement.
  • It can build up the Kean community of student leaders and help others to discover more opportunities to develop friendships.
  • It allows student to discover their strengths, similarities and passions. The Involvement Center allows students to create and initiate clubs that will build the Kean community.

When speaking of student groups, the involvement center provides a range of resources for its 140 recognized student groups, allowing them to use the space to connect, consult and mentor others.

The Center consists of three conference rooms for executive board or small group meetings, a resource room complete with student group supplies and tools, lockers for student group storage and mailboxes for all of the recognized student groups. 

Furthermore, services provided include the following:

• Student Group Mailboxes
  • Student Group Locker Space
  • Executive Board and Small Group Conference Rooms
  • Computer Workstations (equipped with Microsoft Office and Adobe Design Standard CS6)
  • Student Group Black/White and Color Copies
  • Student Group Supplies
  • Assistance Provided with Room Reservations, Student Group Forms, Student Government Paperwork, Cougar Link, Student Group Recognition
  • Student Group Consultation
  • Student Group and Leadership Resource Library
  • Student Group Development
  • Workshops and Training

Fall semester hours for the involvement center are as follows:

•  Monday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Lastly, students should understand that the involvement center is a resource for everyone and hopes to be a tool for involvement and success at Kean. 

If students have any questions, they can contact the Involvement Center at (908) 737-5270, or visit the office for more assistance.