An Eventful Resource Center

Throughout the semester the Commuter Resource Center will provide various events for its students

Campus News > An Eventful Resource Center
An Eventful Resource Center

Last year's Stress Less Fest was a success, this year students should anticipate the CRC's events to be helpful and fun. 

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor

At Kean University, students can expect to be immersed in a community that strives to build a comfortable and enjoyable setting. With that being said, whether students are residents or commuters, they can find something that will provide them with the essentials to be successful. 

The Commuter Resource Center (CRC) is located in Hutchinson Hall, Room 130, alongside quiet study areas that are situated across from the office. The CRC was created to enhance the experience of Kean for commuter students and allow them an opportunity to feel connected on campus. 

With help from Student Government, the CRC is able to create events that will be a relaxing and also a networking opportunity for those looking to step outside of their comfort zones. 

Within the rest of the fall semester students can anticipate these following events:

• Re-Energize! Snack Break Halloween Edition on Wednesday, Oct. 31 from noon to 5 p.m.
  • World Kindness Day on Tuesday, Nov. 13 from 1 to 3 p.m.
  • You Got This on Wednesday, Dec. 5 from 2 to 4 p.m.
  • Stress Less Fest on Monday, Dec. 12 at noon. 

The Re-Energize event will give students the chance to enjoy snacks while testing their knowledge of Halloween history. If one is an avid Halloween fan, they should consider attending this as topics like movies will be used to start discussions. 

To usher in the idea of kindness toward others, the CRC is presenting World Kindness Day to fundraise for the non-profit organization, Random Acts. Random Acts is an organization that encourages and promotes every act of kindness as a way to make a difference. With that in mind, students will be able to express their gratitude for others through letters in honor of Thanksgiving. 

Next on the agenda, is You Got This which provides a stress reliever for students preparing for finals week. Finals can be very occupying and can cause many students, especially commuters to study and still have time to enjoy themselves. Partnering up with the Writing Center, the CRC will make sure to show commuters different resources to be success during exams. 

In conjunction with finals week, students will also have the option to participate in the Stress Less Fest events, one including pet therapy where pet lovers can cuddle and play with service dogs.Other events will host a massage station for those who would like to unwind and clear their minds to better focus on exam materials.

For more information, students can visit the CRC link on Cougar Link, email crc@kean.edu or call (908) 737-4093.

If any commuter wants to gain more information about the center and their other benefits, students can refer to a previous CRC article. 

Petruce Jean Charles - Web

Petruce Jean-Charles, Editor
jeanchap@kean.edu

Petruce Jean-Charles is a senior majoring in communication with a concentration in journalism. In Spring 2017 she joined The Cougar's Byte staff. She is goal-driven and dedicated to accomplishing her goals, where she wishes to work for successful companies like Huffington Post or The Washington Post. In her free time, she enjoys listening to different artists and watching new horror and thriller movies.