How and Where to Catch the Shuttle Bus!

The shuttle bus is an effective way to travel around campus

Essentials > How and Where to Catch the Shuttle Bus!
How and Where to Catch the Shuttle Bus!

The Kean University shuttle service allows students and faculty to travel easily and effectively throughout campus. 

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

With the expansion of new buildings on campus, one may be worried about getting to class on time. The shuttle bus service is an effective tool for students to use to travel efficiently and safely through the various Kean University campuses. The shuttle buses can take students to stops at Main Campus, the Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics Building (STEM) and East Campus. Many students use it to their advantage to have the easiest possible route to class and other on-campus events.  

The shuttle bus stops are as follows:

• Wilkins Theatre Liberty Hall 
  • East Campus Parking Lot A
  • East Campus Parking Lot B & C
  • Hennings Hall
  • Kean Hall Parking Lot 
  • Green Lane Academic Building (GLAB)

The shuttle bus service runs on an operational schedule to ensure that students have ample resources to travel through campus effectively. They run Monday through Friday 7:15 a.m. to 10:45 p.m. and Saturday 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. for the spring and fall semesters. This schedule allows for students and faculty to utilize the shuttle bus service practically all day. 

One should also note that the shuttle bus service is accessible to all faculty, staff and students, including individuals with disabilities. 

Additionally, there is an app that Kean uses that has many features that are beneficial to students and faculty alike. This includes where the shuttle bus is currently located and how long it will take for it to come to the various stops. The app, NextBus, has features such as the shuttle bus stops, where they are located and the shuttle route. 

To use the NextBus app for Kean University, one must first download the app. Then, locate the Transit Tab, enter Kean University in the Authority selection, and for the Route selection, enter KEAN Route. This will allow users to track the shuttle bus and have an estimate on arrival times. 

If one has questions on the NextBus app at Kean University, they can read more on the Kean University Website under the Shuttle App section

The shuttle bus may also be used if one is having trouble finding a parking spot on Main Campus. The Main Campus parking lot fills up quickly in the morning and during peak hours, leaving some students wondering where they should park. Instead of trying to search for a spot on Main Campus, consider parking at STEM or East Campus, where there are more open spots. Then a quick shuttle bus ride can have one on Main Campus in no time. Ultimately, students can make it to class or events in a more efficient manner. 

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.