Get Connected!

Involvement Week makes its return this week

Campus News > Get Connected!

For more information on events during Involvement Week, head to Cougar Link and check them out! 

Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor

Gear up for a week packed with fun-filled games and activities! Involvement Week for this spring semester runs from Tuesday, Feb. 4 to Tuesday, Feb. 10 and is designed to encourage students to get involved on campus.

Involvement Specialist Bria Williams from the Center for Leadership and Service (CLS) emphasizes the importance of getting involved.

"Get involved! It's a rewarding experience," Williams said. "If it's just as little as attending an event, do it. It can only enrich your experience at Kean or anywhere you go. There [are countless positives associated with] getting involved on campus."

Involvement Week is a push to encourage students to enhance their overall college experience through all the opportunities offered through Kean. Not only does Kean have a wide selection of academic and career opportunities, but Kean also offers many social opportunities — all of which will quickly contribute to the overall satisfaction of every student’s four years here. 

All activities within Involvement Week are all part of the university's Involvement Week efforts and can be found on Cougar Link.

Cougar Link is the place to find any activities or events Kean University may be hosting. Both new and old students will find the website as an extremely beneficial tool to help enrich their college experience and connect them to all things related to Kean. 

Upon entering Cougar Link, students can decide if they would prefer to sift through the events by chronological order or event type. A student could choose from the following 11 categories:

• Academic or Educational Lecture, Workshop or Program 
  • Athletics or Recreation Event
  • Community Service Project or Volunteer Program
  • Cougar Kickoff
  • Interest Meeting or Recruitment Event 
  • Meeting
  • Performance or Show
  • Social Program
  • Student Government
  • University-wide Event
  • Other

Students may also opt to filter through the multitude of events by theme type which include the following:

• Arts and Music
  • Athletics
  • Service
  • Cultural
  • Fundraising
  • Group Business
  • Social
  • Spirituality
  • Learning

The ability to use Cougar Link to its fullest capabilities allows students access to the surplus of Kean happenings both on and off campus. Every event post lends itself to a more thorough explanation of any given event upon being clicked on. 

For more questions on any events, students should contact the particular event's host organization.

For any questions pertaining to involvement be it through community service, academics, Greek Life or job opportunities, the Center for Leadership and Service's Involvement Center can be a starting point. Visit the Involvement Center in Miron Student Center (MSC), Room 303, call (908) 737-5270 or email them at groups@kean.edu.

Get connected, Cougars!

Abigail Anne Rafael - web

Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor
rafaela@kean.edu

Abigail Anne Rafael is the Senior Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and first joined staff in January 2018. She is a communication major with a concentration in public relations. Abigail aims to inspire and motivate readers with her writing. After graduating from Kean, she hopes to work for a Catholic company to dispel mistruths about the Church.