Link Up, Cougars!

Cougar Link is a gateway to student involvement and a closer Kean community, especially the "News" section

Campus Life > Link Up, Cougars!
Link Up, Cougars!

Involvement Specialist Sarah Otero delves into detail concerning the "News" section of Cougar Link. 

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

Cougar Link is a hub of information relating to the student groups and events that transpire here at Kean University. This is a great tool for students to use to learn more about the events that happen every day on campus and the groups that host them. Students utilize Cougar Link to see which clubs best fits them, in order for them to become as involved as they possibly can. 

For each student group on campus, there is a corresponding Cougar Link page. This page includes a description of the group, its mission, photos and more. Also, there is a section that lists the executive board of each organization with their email, in case one wants to reach out to a member with questions regarding the group. 

Groups are also able to post their events and flyers on Cougar Link. To view all of the events, simply click the "Events" tab at the top of the screen. This will bring one to a page where every single event is listed in chronological order. It is possible to search and narrow down the results to what one is specifically looking for, such as by date, theme, categories and perks. 

If one is in a student group and is trying to advertise their events, make sure to post about it in the "news" tab.

The "News" section allows student groups to post about upcoming events or just news in general relating to their organization. This tab allows students to see what is happening now or in the near future. 

For a group to post in the "News" tab, simply follow these instructions:

1. Click on the organization.
  2. Go to the top right corner and click the gear icon that says "Manage Organization."
  3. Go to the top left of the page that states the organization's name.
  4. A menu will appear on the left. Click "News," and then "Create Article."

This is where student groups will be able to post flyers and articles pertaining to their upcoming events, donations they are accepting for service events, upcoming meetings and more. It will then appear on the "News" page in chronological order, making it more visible and accessible to the Kean community. 

Involvement Specialist Sarah Otero said, "[The 'News' tab] keeps students up to date on what's going on at Kean, and it helps them know what organizations are doing what."

If one has any questions regarding Cougar Link, do not hesitate to reach out to the Involvement Center, located in the Miron Student Center (MSC), Room 303 by emailing groups@kean.edu or calling (908) 737-5270.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.