Kean and Its Colleges

An overview of Kean's Colleges and the programs they have to offer

Campus Life > Kean and Its Colleges
Kean and Its Colleges
Kean University houses several different colleges within it's walls.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

When getting ready for college, one of the first things students need to consider is what they want to study. Kean University, like many other universities, has a wide variety of programs and classes for students to choose from. In fact, seven different colleges that each hold different disciplines and majors calls Kean University it's home.

As was stated earlier, Kean University has seven different colleges each with their own disciplines and schools. Those colleges are the College of Business and Public Management, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts, College of Natural, Applied and Health Sciences, Michael Graves College, Nathan Weiss Graduate College and New Jersey Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics. From there, each of these colleges are broken up into their schools.

First, there is the College of Business and Public Management. This college's main focus is preparing students to become strong leaders in an ever changing world. Students will be able to choose from different undergraduate programs such as Accounting, Criminal Justice, Finance, Global Business, Management, Marketing and Public Administration. They also provide several Graduate programs such as Accounting (M.S) and Business Administration (MBA). Each of these programs is encompassed in one of the four schools that makes up this college. They also have the Small Business Development Center. For more information on this specific college, one can check the College of Business and Public Management Website.

Next, is the College of Education. The College of Education seeks to educate the teachers of the future, through programs like Art Education, Athletic Training, Early Childhood Education and plenty of other programs housed within their four schools. They also provide programs such as the Child Care and Development Center, the College of Education Resource Center and the P-3 Alternate Route Pre-service Workshop. They also publish a journal that shares information gathered about new classroom practices called the Journal of School Connections. For more information on this specific college, people can check the College of Education page on Kean's website.

Kean University also offers the College of Liberal Arts. The College of Liberal Arts is a place for students to learn how to let out their creative side, become more knowledgeable on worldly problems and become better critical thinkers through programs such as Communication, Economics, Music, History, Theatre, English and many more. The College of Liberal Arts houses eight different schools and is the biggest on Kean campus. For more information on this college and what it has to offer, people can visit the College of Liberal Arts page on the Kean University website.

The next college Kean University has is the College of Natural, Applied and Health Sciences. This college has four schools within it which provide programs such as Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Lab Science, Earth Sciences and plenty of other programs to choose from. They also provide students with special academic programs such as the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program (LSAMP), STEMpact, McNair Scholar and Upward Bound. For more information on this specific college, people can check the College of Natural, Applied and Health Sciences page on Kean University's website.

Kean University also has Michael Graves College. Michael Graves College is an architecture and design college. They focus on design with a connection to the Liberal Arts to allow students to learn about architecture and how it affects the human experience throughout daily life. Students can join programs such as Architectural Studies, Graphic Design: Interactive Advertising, Graphic Design: Interactive, Print and Screen, and Interior Design. Michael Graves College has two schools within it, the School of Public Architecture and Robert Busch School of Design. To get more information on this specific college, people can check the Michael Graves College page on Kean University's website.

Next there is the Nathan Weiss Graduate College, which focuses on teaching students who are looking to earn their doctoral degrees, master's degree, professional diplomas and certificates. Nathan Weiss Graduate College has six schools within it that provide programs such as Counseling and Supervision (Ph. D.) , Educational Leadership - Ed. D , Occupational Therapy - OTD , Physical Therapy - DPT , School and Clinical Psychology - Psy.D and Speech-Language Pathology - SLPD. Students can also find a comprehensive list of programs for master's degrees and certificate programs on the Nathan Weiss Graduate College page on Kean University website.

The final college that Kean University has to offer is the New Jersey Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics. This is the one college that does not have inner schools and is actually a college all on its own. Some of the programs students can look forward to joining in this college include Biology - STEM Teacher, education - 5yr B.S./M.S., Biotechnology/Molecular Biology - STEM 5-yr B.S./M/S., Biomedicine 4 year B.S and many others. For more information about this specific college, people can check the New Jersey Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics page on Kean University's website.

For any more questions on what Kean has to offer, students can visit the Kean University website for more information.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.