Springing Toward Registration

A brief overview of what students need to do to get ready for registration

Campus News > Springing Toward Registration
Springing Toward Registration
Students can head to KeanWise to register for classes.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

As the fall semester moves along, spring registration is becoming more and more important. It has started to reach that time when students must begin to think about what classes they will want to take for the upcoming spring semester. For some students, this may be their first time registering, and others may have forgotten the process that takes place before and during registration. These are some tips to aid students in their registration journey.

The place students will need to go to register for their classes is called KeanWise. KeanWise is a website students can use to register for classes, search for their academic adviser, check out their program evaluation for their major and find their schedule for classes. Before heading onto KeanWise, though, there are a few steps students need to take to ensure they are ready to start picking out their classes.

The first thing that needs to be done is resolving any holds that may be on one's account. One major hold students may have is an advisement hold. This hold requires all Kean students to meet with their academic adviser to ensure they are taking the right classes and steps to continue on to the next semester. The only way for this hold to be removed is for students to meet with their adviser, so everyone should be sure to do so as soon as possible. There may be extra holds on some accounts beyond advisement holds, so students should also check KeanWise and visit the Student Restrictions section on the website, which will be linked under the Academic Profile section, to see if they have acquired any other holds on their account.

The next step in the process would be signing the Financial Obligations Agreement on KeanWise. This agreement informs students that they are responsible for paying all costs and fees associated with taking classes at Kean University, and that it must be done in a timely manner prior to beginning their classes. This agreement must be signed before registering, or students will not be able to pick out any classes. The Financial Obligations Agreement can be found in the Student Menu section on the website.

The dates for when students can begin registering for Winter and Spring 2020 classes have now been posted on the Registration Information page on Kean University's website. Students should check there to see when they can begin registering. The page also provides more information for students about registering and what to do if one is a non-matriculating or visiting student. The Spring 2020 semester is fast approaching, so everyone should be sure they are prepared to register for their classes.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.