Hanging with Harry Potter at Liberty Hall

Liberty Hall will be hosting a Harry Potter themed Liberty Hall Christmas Tour for all to enjoy

Campus Life > Hanging with Harry Potter at Liberty Hall
The Harry Potter at Liberty Hall Tour will be taking place all through December, except for Dec. 24 and 25.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

Spending Christmas at Hogwarts has always been a magical dream for fans of the Harry Potter franchise. Now that dream can become a reality, as Liberty Hall will be hosting a Christmas Tour: Harry Potter at Liberty Hall event. The event began Friday, Nov. 29 and will end Saturday, Dec. 28, so anyone who ever wanted to find themselves roaming the halls of Hogwarts now has a chance to do just that.

Liberty Hall was the home to seven generations of the Livingston and Kean families. It now stands as a testament to their time in New Jersey, and showcases plenty of antiques, furniture and artifacts dating back to when they lived in the area. Liberty Hall has several different tours of the estate, including the Main House Tour, which takes you through the house and the history of the families that once resided there, the Firehouse Tour, which is an added option to the tour that educates children and adults alike on fire safety, and special tours, like the Harry Potter at Liberty Hall tour taking place this December.

Certain rooms at Liberty Hall will be transformed into different familiar sights from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter's Hogwarts Castle. Guests will get to journey through rooms like the Great Hall, Gryffindor Common Room and many other rooms that will make everyone feel like they are spending time in Hogwarts. There also will be fun events for everyone to participate in, like a "scavenger hunt" for Horcruxes - dark magical totems the characters hunt for in the series' seventh story - and an Elf on the Shelf, named Johnny Kean, that kids can search for. Whoever finds Johnny Kean will be given a small prize, so guests should be sure to look carefully.

The Harry Potter at Liberty Hall tour is for all ages, so children, teenagers and adults are all welcome to visit and enjoy the tour. Anyone who would like to dress up as one of their favorite Harry Potter characters is welcome to do so. The tour will be held every Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., throughout the month of December, except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Dec. 24 and 25.

Tickets for the Harry Potter at Liberty Hall tour are regular admission prices: $12 for adults, $10 for Kean alumni, $8 for current Kean students and seniors, and free for children under 3. They can be bought at Liberty Hall before taking the tour. Any groups larger than ten guests need to make a reservation.

For more information on Liberty Hall, the Harry Potter Tours or other tours and events Liberty Hall may be having, people can visit the Liberty Hall website. Come out and enjoy Christmas at Hogwarts.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.