Preparing for Tax Season

The Leadership Institute is hosting a Chapter After: Taxes event

Campus News > Preparing for Tax Season
Preparing for Tax Season
The Leadership Institute is hosting another installation of the Chapter After series, this time focusing on taxes.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

On Feb. 26, The Leadership Institute will be hosting an event called Chapter After: Taxes, for all Kean students that wish to learn about filing taxes. It will be held from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m. in the Greek Lounge in the Miron Student Center.

The Chapter After: Taxes workshop will be very beneficial for students that have never filed their taxes on their own. During the workshop, students will be able to learn about filing taxes and other financial details.

The event is being held in the midst of tax season, therefore it is very prevalent for students. Filing taxes is a challenge for everyone, every year, and can be a daunting task for first-timers. This workshop will be very beneficial for those that attend, to begin to understand the details.

During and after the workshop, students will be encouraged to ask questions on the topic of taxes. Attendees should not be shy when asking questions, rather they should come prepared with questions to enhance their knowledge of the topic.

Harmony Sanchez, a Leadership Specialist, said, "Our hope is that the event will allow students to step out of college with not only a sense of independence, but a better sense of what to do the next time tax season rolls around."

Students should arrive ready to sign in with their event pass, which can be found on their Cougar Link accounts. After logging in, they should click their initial icon in the top-left hand corner. Then, select 'Event Pass," and it will appear. Students should even consider saving their event pass on their phone, for easier access whenever they need to use it.

The Chapter After Series, hosted by The Leadership Institute, is designed to aid students in their post-graduate endeavors, hence the name, "Chapter After." They host three workshops per semester on topics that relate to students' professional lives, such as interview skills, resume enhancing, internship information and more. They want students to have the necessary information to help guide them to success during and after their time at Kean.

The Leadership Institute is a leadership certification program that offers four levels of advancement: T2K Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Additionally, the Leadership Institute offers the L.E.A.D. program, for upperclassmen and graduate students. Through these programs, students learn and enhance skills such as leadership, team-building, citizenship and more.

To learn more about The Leadership Institute and their events, visit Cougar Link, the Miron Student Center in Room 215 or email them at leadershipinstitute@kean.edu.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.