Got Games?

All about the Game Room in the Miron Student Center

Features > Got Games?
Got Games?
The Game Room is an entertaining space on campus for students to relax, have fun and get to know each other.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

The Game Room is a place on campus where students can come and enjoy their time before, between or after classes while mingling with their friends and peers. Located on the first floor of the Miron Student Center (MSC) in a prime, central location for students, this is a great recreational area for members of the Kean community to enhance their connections with each other and enjoy the entertainment that is offered.

This space is filled with different activities for students to enjoy. There are many games to choose from such as billiards, ping-pong, connect four and Foosball. One can even play one of the various gaming consoles, board games or just relax and play cards. There are a plethora of seating options where one could just sit back and relax with their friends. With all of these options, one is sure to have a good time in the game room.

The hours of operation for the Game Room during the Fall and Spring Semester are as follows:

• Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
  • Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Saturday through Sunday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Michael Lopez, a staff member in the Game Room, said, "I think it's really important for students to utilize the Game Room because of the social aspect of it. If you have nothing to do on campus or are too shy, the Game Room is definitely a great way to meet new people and connect with other students."

He continued, "The environment we strive to make is a friendly one where anyone can come in and feel welcomed, which is why everyone should at least come here [at least] once in their college career."

The Game Room can even be reserved for recognized student groups to utilize. This can be done by following the regular procedure for reserving spaces in the MSC on Cougar Link. The Involvement Center staff will then inform Sandra Collins, who will then ask to meet with the student group to discuss the event that they are hosting. Once this is done and the event is approved, the student group will receive an email confirmation.

There are a few policies and procedures that one must abide by in the Game Room. For example, only Kean students, alumni, faculty, staff and their guests are allowed in to the Game Room, and they must present their Kean ID upon entry. One guest is permitted per Kean community member and they must bring a state ID, but it should be noted that if one brings a guest they are responsible for their actions and they must be escorted at all times.

Additionally, this is a welcoming and fun environment therefore inappropriate language and bodily actions will not be tolerated. It is important to respect those in the space, including the Game Room staff as they work hard to keep the space functioning. Those participating in games must resemble fair play, and gambling of any type is prohibited.

If one suspects or witnesses a violation, be sure to report to the Game Room staff, the MSC Front Desk or the MSC Administrative Office in MSC, Room 6. These policies are enacted through the University Code and Conduct, therefore if one is found guilty of a violation there could be disciplinary actions and suspension from the Game Room.

For questions, concerns or recommendations, one should contact MSC Operations and Event Management in MSC, Room 6 or call (908) 737-5200.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.