MSC is Hiring for Fall 2020

Students may now begin applying to work for the Miron Student Center for the Fall 2020 semester

Campus Life > MSC is Hiring for Fall 2020
MSC is Hiring for Fall 2020
Applications for the Miron Student Center are due by 4 p.m. on March 3.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

Students may find it hard to split their time between classes, clubs and work. Kean University can help combat that trouble by providing students with on-campus employment. The most recent organization looking for employees is the Miron Student Center (MSC).

MSC is an important part of Kean University, as they provide many different services and locations for the Kean community to reserve to host professional and social events. Located within MSC is the Game Room, where students can go to relax together or play different games, and several dining options, like the Food Court, the Cougar's Den, Auntie Anne's Pretzel's, Smashburger and the Outtakes convenience store.

In addition to these, MSC also provides Kean University with meeting rooms and office space for other on-campus organizations, like the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct, Student Government and The Center for Leadership and Service (CLS). Students can also find the computer lab on MSC's ground floor, for a convenient option for research and homework, or for anyone who needs a quick print-out before class.

With all of these services and organizations maintained in one place, the MSC is now looking for more student workers to help facilitate operations around the building. Anyone looking for a job on campus can now begin applying to MSC, who have opened positions for the Fall 2020 semester.

The application form can be found on the MSC page on Cougar Link. Students need to be logged into their Cougar Link accounts in order to view the form. Students should also be aware that all applications are due by 4 p.m. on March 3. The selection process for student workers will begin after Spring Break.

Before students begin to apply, there are a few requirements that need to be meet in order to work for MSC. The requirements are as follows:

1. Students must be a full-time undergraduate student
  2. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
  3. Students must be able to be with the staff until at least Spring 2021.

For more information, students can email MSC at lylesk@kean.edu, or call them at (908) 737-5200.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.