P.U.L.S.E Applications Are Here!

Students can now begin applying to join P.U.L.S.E.

Campus News > P.U.L.S.E Applications Are Here!
P.U.L.S.E Applications Are Here!
The applications for P.U.L.S.E are due by 2 p.m. on March 6.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

Going to college is not just about attending classes. It is also a chance for students to join organizations and get involved in the place they will be spending their time for the next four years. P.U.L.S.E. (Programming for Unique and Lively Student Experience) is giving students an opportunity to get involved on campus by opening up applications for students to join their organization.

P.U.L.S.E is a student-run organization at Kean University that allows students to plan, work together and take charge of activities and coordinating on campus. Their main purpose is to organize different events on campus, like concerts, lectures, workshops, cultural events and other exciting, unique experiences for the community. Joining P.U.L.S.E. gives students the chance to help plan events like the Women on the Rise Brunch, which will be taking place on March 18, or the Stress No More: Vision Boards event, which will follow on April 27. These are just two of many events that the P.U.L.S.E. team has helped to create and promote, alongside other organizations.

Even more than planning events, joining P.U.L.S.E. gives members a chance to get to know their fellow Kean students better. They will be able to meet other students through coordinating and attending events, and widen their social atmosphere, while helping to provide events and programming to the larger community as well.

The P.U.L.S.E applications became available on Friday, Feb. 7, 2020. Students have until 2 p.m on Friday, March 6 to complete and submit their applications to join P.U.L.S.E. To locate the application, students have to visit the Office of Student Government page on Cougar Link. There, they will find the application under "Forms." Students may need to be logged onto Cougar Link in order to see the application.

Once students have accessed the application, they will be given more information about what positions are available to apply for, and descriptions of the different committees they can join, if accepted into P.U.L.S.E. Some of the committees that P.U.L.S.E. offers include Career Development, Health and Wellness, Social Engagement, Civic Engagement and Global and Cultural Awareness. Students can learn more about these committees during the process of completing their application.

For more information on P.U.L.S.E, students can visit their page on the Kean website. Students can also visit the Office of Student Government at the Miron Student Center (MSC), Room 309, email them at stuorg@kean.edu or call them at (908) 737-5190.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.