Volunteer for Accepted Student Night

The Office of Admissions is looking for student volunteers for Accepted Student Night

Campus News > Volunteer for Accepted Student Night
Volunteer for Accepted Student Night
The Office of Admissions is looking for students to volunteer for Accepted Student Night.
Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer

The Office of Admissions will be hosting Accepted Student Night for potential incoming students who have recently been accepted into Kean University. Current Kean University students are being called upon to volunteer their time for this event. Accepted Students Night will be taking place on Thursday, March 12 from 5 to 9 p.m.

The Office of Admissions is there to help guide students through the admissions process and give them information on what to expect when getting ready to enter Kean. Housed in Kean Hall, the admissions staff works with incoming students through the steps of becoming a Kean student beginning with the application process all the way to their orientation.

They are hosting Accepted Student Night as a way for new students to celebrate and be celebrated for their acceptance into Kean University and are looking for current Kean University students to help them on that quest.

Having current students there will be a way to show incoming students the pride that current Kean students have for their school and will give the incoming students a chance to meet some friendly faces before deciding whether or not to attend Kean University.

"It is a really good energy, volunteering for Accepted Students Night. You meet a lot of the potential incoming students and they are all so friendly and eager to learn about the campus and school. Even as a student volunteer, you also are able to learn a few things by seeing all of the tables for all the student groups and campus resources," said junior special education major and student volunteer Nayana Manglavil.

The volunteer shift for Accepted Student Night will be from 3:30 to 9 p.m. Before students' shifts begin they will need to report to the Harwood Arena on the day of Accepted Student Night to get their event passes checked.

Any student that would like to sign up to volunteer will need to fill out a google form before hand. The form to volunteer for Accepted Student Night can be found on the Office of University Admissions page on Cougar Link. After students sign up, they will have to attend a mandatory information session. The session will take place on Thursday, March 5 in the Green Lane Academic Building (GLAB), Room 208. It will go from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. This meeting will be a chance for students to learn about what will be expected of them that day and to ask any questions they have to the admissions representatives who will be present during that meeting.

If students have any questions before then, they can contact the Office of Admissions at (908) 737-7100 (Option 5). For anyone who cannot volunteer for Accepted Student Night, the Office of Admissions will also be looking for student volunteers for the Undergraduate Open House on Saturday, March 28.

Bryanna Henderson - web

Bryanna Henderson, Staff Writer
hendebry@kean.edu

Bryanna Henderson is an English major with a focus on writing. She began working at The Cougar’s Byte in August of 2019. She hopes to translate her degree and skills gained from being a staff writer into a professional writing career someday. Bryanna's main focus will be novels, but eventually she would like to branch out in working on screenplays, TV scripts and stage plays. Currently, she is involved in several different clubs on campus and hopes to add a few more to that list.