Election Direction

Freshman Class Elections are coming up very soon

Campus News > Election Direction
Election Direction
Get ready for the Class of 2024 Elections.
Photo courtesy of pexels.com
Justin Kanski, Staff Writer

Interested in getting involved with Student Organization at Kean? The time to apply is now. Applications for the freshmen class of 2024 executive board and senate are now available on Cougar Link, and are due by Friday, Oct. 2 at 2 p.m.

Leadership is not just about a title, it is about impacting others with action. Getting involved in Student Government is a great way to practice leadership skills, networking, and becoming a voice for the student body of one's class. Serving as an ambassador for a class is a great opportunity to put those skills to the test, as well as a great experience to add to a résumé.

Student Organization is the full-time undergraduate student government at Kean. Their mission is to enhance the intellectual, cultural and personal growth of the student community. The student senate is the official decision-making body for the university and student classes. Members of this prestigious group serve on the organization and university committees, help plan programs and events on campus to engage with the student body and express concerns of their class to university administrators. The freshmen class of 2024 is looking for students who are highly motivated and willing to learn more about what it takes to embrace and express leadership.

The available positions for the freshmen class of 2024 are as follows:

• Freshman Class President (also serves on the executive board of Student Organization)
  • Freshman Class Vice President
  • Freshman Class Treasurer
  • Freshman Class Secretary
  • nine Freshman Class Senators

Applications are currently available to fill out on Cougar Link for the 2020-2021 academic year. If students are interested in learning more about each position, or are unsure about the elections, they are encouraged to visit the upcoming informational sessions over the next two weeks. Information sessions welcome all interested freshmen to share and learn about Student Organization, what the position requirements are for the upcoming elections and the duties and responsibilities of each position, as well as to provide students the chance to meet current members of Student Organization while asking questions about their experiences in the group.

The informational sessions will be held on these dates:

All of these information sessions will be held on Zoom, and students are able to register for them on Cougar Link right away. Students can fill out the application on Cougar Link now by visiting the Office of Student Government's page and scrolling to the Forms section. There, they can find the 2020-2021 Freshmen Class Election application. The link to the form will also be provided under each informational session.

Class of 2024 elections will be held online from Monday, Oct. 19 at 9 a.m. through Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact the Office of Student Government through email at stuorg@kean.edu or by calling (908) 737-5190.

Justin Kanski - web

Justin Kanski, Staff Writer
kanskij@kean.edu

Justin Kanski is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus on Media/Film and a minor in Health Relations. A Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte, Justin is also a part of Kean TV and WKNJ 90.3 Cougar Radio as the host of J Money Jams. He is a member of the Leadership Institute Platinum Level and has served as a New Student Orientation Leader for the past two years. Justin’s favorite shows are “Power” and "Cobra Kai" while his favorite movies are anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He also loves listening to Hip-Hop music. Whether it be in front of the camera or behind it, Justin aspires to be a media mogul.