Open for Business

The new home of the College of Business and Public Management is open to the public

Campus News > Open for Business
Open for Business
Hynes Hall is now open for business at Kean University
Justin Kanski, Staff Writer

Hynes Hall is the latest building to open at Kean University as of Fall 2020. It will become the new home to the College of Business and Public Management (CBPM) and will house a wide variety of resources for business, public administration and criminal justice students.

Set alongside Morris Avenue across from the main Union campus, construction on Hynes Hall was completed in Summer 2020. The new building bears the name of Jim Hynes, who graduated from Kean in 1963, as well as his wife, Carole. This contribution was announced in the fall of 2018, in an effort to further expand the Global Business school.

During his time at Kean, Hynes pursued a degree in industrial education. After graduating, he went on to create a successful plastics business. Hynes credits Kean with providing him the necessary tools and education to follow his passion and achieve his professional goals.

This latest addition will be the third Kean University building bearing the Hynes name. The other two include the Jim Hynes '63 Baseball Stadium and the Carole Hynes Field House.

Hynes Hall will span 90,000 square feet and will house all of Kean's undergraduate and graduate business programs. These programs include:

Undergraduate:

• Accounting
  • Criminal Justice
  • Finance
  • Global Business
  • Management
  • Marketing
  • Public Administration

Graduate:

• Accounting (M.S.)
  • Business Administration (MBA)
  • Criminal Justice (MA)
  • Public Administration (MPA)

As well as housing all of these programs, Hynes Hall will offer state-of-the-art resources to give students a more interactive experience, including smart classrooms, study lounges, a "Bloomberg Room" where students can study the Bloomberg business intelligence software and a "virtual library in the sky." These resources are further highlighted by a rooftop deck with a view of New York City.

At Kean University, there has been a growing interest in business and public management programs for many years. Former Kean President Dawood Farahi, Ph.D. stated that all students in the CBPM need all the resources they can get to take them to the next level and beyond.

Hynes Hall
Hynes Hall houses state of the art technology for the College of Business and Public Management

“Our business and public management programs are growing exponentially, and the quality of our programming surpasses the competition. Now, we have the facilities to raise these programs to the next level. Our students are excited, our faculty are excited, and our community is excited to see this new facility take its place at Kean USA. Great things are happening on our campuses, with the support of generous alumni like Jim Hynes,” said Farahi.

As stated on Kean's website, enrollment in Kean's business programs has increased by 16% on all campuses, with a 29% increase at Wenzhou-Kean University and a 12% climb at Kean USA. As of February 2019, there are more than 4,860 students pursuing degrees in the CBPM for both undergraduate and graduate programs.

There is a growing demand for business majors in today's economy, and Kean dedicates itself to providing the resources students will need for their careers once they are in the field. With innovative programs, impressive facilities, close proximity to New York City, and world-class faculty who have worked in the industry, Kean's mission to provide a world-class education stands strong and will continue to do so for years to come. Make sure to check out Hynes Hall today.

Justin Kanski - web

Justin Kanski, Staff Writer
kanskij@kean.edu

Justin Kanski is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus on Media/Film and a minor in Health Relations. A Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte, Justin is also a part of Kean TV and WKNJ 90.3 Cougar Radio as the host of J Money Jams. He is a member of the Leadership Institute Platinum Level and has served as a New Student Orientation Leader for the past two years. Justin’s favorite shows are “Power” and "Cobra Kai" while his favorite movies are anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He also loves listening to Hip-Hop music. Whether it be in front of the camera or behind it, Justin aspires to be a media mogul.