Fall at Liberty Hall

A glimpse into the fall festivities that Liberty Hall Museum is offering this season

Campus News > Fall at Liberty Hall
Fall at Liberty Hall

Home of the late Livingston and Kean families, the Liberty Hall Museum shares their stories. 

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

The Liberty Hall Museum is located on Kean’s Union campus and is a great place for students and the community alike to visit for a mix of education and entertainment. This fall, they are hosting many festive events for people to enjoy.

Some of their most popular fall festivities are their Ghost Tours. Here, attendees will go on a spooky tour where the staff members will share the paranormal activities that have happened at the museum. This is a candlelit, after hours tour of the house. Guests can even share their own personal, paranormal experiences.

The Ghost Tours will be offered on two dates: Oct. 23 and 30. There are two times available on each day, 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Guests with children are suggested to visit the tour at 7 p.m., however the event is not suggested for children under 10 years of age.

Liberty Hall is also hosting their annual Pumpkin Patch Day on Oct. 31 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. There, there will be many activities including pumpkin picking, hayrides, pumpkin carving, pumpkin painting and other crafts.

Tickets for this event can be purchased on their website, as reservations are required this year, and are $12 for children and $8 for adults. It is also recommended to reserve the amount of pumpkins you wish to buy when getting your tickets.

During this time, Liberty Hall will also be hosting Liberty Hall Museum Guided Garden Tours, where guests will see all of their beautiful garden and learn about their history. These will be offered on Oct. 23, Oct. 25 and Oct. 30 at 11, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. respectively. Tickets are available on their website and can be purchased for $8.

Additionally, their traditional Liberty Hall Museum tours will be held throughout the fall season as well. Guests will walk through the house and learn about the history of the hall and the people who have lived there.

Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for seniors, children ages 3-17 and college students and $10 for Kean Alumni. Tickets are free of charge for Kean students, staff and children under the age of 3 years old. Tours will be held at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. on the following days in Oct.:

• Friday, Oct. 23

• Saturday, Oct. 24

• Sunday, Oct. 25

• Friday, Oct. 30

• Saturday Oct. 31

Liberty Hall Museum is located at 1003 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083 and is a great place to be immersed in history and entertainment. Be sure to check out their website for more information on the museum as well as other events they are holding.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.