Graduate Open House

Open house for graduate programs goes virtual

Campus News > Graduate Open House
Graduate Open House
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

The Nathan Weiss Graduate College will be hosting its graduate open house virtually on Saturday, Oct. 17 at 10 a.m.

At this event, those that are interested in applying for a graduate program will be treated to information about what the university offers in its doctoral, master's and certificate programs.

Because of the nature pertaining to COVID, mass gatherings have been put on hold. In lieu of gathering, there will be live and on-demand presentations happening through the university's virtual platform.

During the event, attendees will learn about the 60+ graduate programs offered at Kean while being provided with the opportunity to meet distinguished faculty and students.

Kean's graduate programs includes internships and opportunities to research so that students can attain all the experience needed for heading into their fields.

Below is a small list of the graduate degree programs that will have a presentation:

• Communication Studies
  • Fine Arts
  • Architecture
  • College Counseling and Student Services
  • Criminal Justice
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Nursing
  • Physical Therapy

A number of doctorate programs will also be present at the virtual open house that ranges from educational leadership to occupational therapy. Additionally, a new program for a physician assistant has been added.

To attend the event, it is required to register in advance. All attendees will receive a $75 application fee waiver code upon applying. The link to register can be found here.

For any questions, comments or concerns, the Office of Graduate Admissions is reachable via phone (908) 737-7100 and email at gradadmissions@kean.edu

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Khali Raymond is a junior pursuing his Bachelor of Arts in English with a Writing Option. He graduated from Berkeley College - Newark with his Associate’s in Business Administration in August 2019. Joining the staff in September 2019, he works as a staff writer for The Cougar’s Byte. Khali has a lengthy resume with five years of professional experience in creative writing and publishing. He has written for editorials such as The Obama Foundation, Prudential, and PTSDJournal. Khali is also a performance poet and emcee. Khali plans to proceed with his plans of becoming a bestselling author, critically acclaimed poet and a multi-platinum selling artist after attaining his degree from Kean University.