Here to Serve

All about Career Services

Features > Here to Serve
Here to Serve
Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor

Career Services is an available resource for students looking to jumpstart their careers.

The office can help students find internships and provides career counseling to both current students and alumni. Additionally, Career Services can help students perfect their resumes, cover letters and interview skills.

All services are currently being offered by virtually by appointment.

Their hours of service are as follows:

• Mondays to Thursdays: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Fridays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Early morning and late evening appoints are available by request.

Students can contact a specific representative for an appointment according to their major. The Career Services representatives are as follows:

• Paul Casey (pacasey@kean.edu) for the Colleges of Liberal Arts, Global Business, and Management & Marketing
  • Laureen Delance (Ldelance@kean.edu) for the College of Science, Mathematics, Technology, Finance & Accounting
  • Jessica Goldsmith Barzilay (jbarzila@kean.edu) for Education majors and Alumni and Graduate Students
  • career@kean.edu for students from Michael Graves College

When making an appointment, students must include their name, ID number, major and reason for their visit. Reason for visit can include resume, mock interview, current internship, seeking internship or job and career guidance.

An important resource made available by Career Services is Kean's Online Employment and Internship Portal. The portal is a huge database of available internships and jobs, curated for Kean students. Additionally, Career Services encourages the use of resources like LinkedIn, Internships.com, Handshake, Careerbuilder and Idealist.org for job hunting.

The Career Services office also occasionally holds virtual events that can help students network, find jobs or internships, prepare their resumes or cover letters and much more.

Career Services' next upcoming event is the NJ Transit Virtual Internship Info Session on Monday, Oct. 19, from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. More details and events are available on their Cougar Link page.

For more information on Career Services, check out their webpage and their Cougar Link.

Abigail Anne Rafael - web

Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor
rafaela@kean.edu

Abigail Anne Rafael is the Senior Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and first joined staff in January 2018. She is a communication major with a concentration in public relations. Abigail aims to inspire and motivate readers with her writing. After graduating from Kean, she hopes to work for a Catholic company to dispel mistruths about the Church.