Career Services is an available resource for students looking to jumpstart their careers.
The office can help students find internships and provides career counseling to both current students and alumni. Additionally, Career Services can help students perfect their resumes, cover letters and interview skills.
All services are currently being offered by virtually by appointment.
Their hours of service are as follows:
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Early morning and late evening appoints are available by request.
Students can contact a specific representative for an appointment according to their major. The Career Services representatives are as follows:
- Paul Casey (email@example.com) for the Colleges of Liberal Arts, Global Business, and Management & Marketing
- Laureen Delance (Ldelance@kean.edu) for the College of Science, Mathematics, Technology, Finance & Accounting
- Jessica Goldsmith Barzilay (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Education majors and Alumni and Graduate Students
- email@example.com for students from Michael Graves College
When making an appointment, students must include their name, ID number, major and reason for their visit. Reason for visit can include resume, mock interview, current internship, seeking internship or job and career guidance.
An important resource made available by Career Services is Kean's Online Employment and Internship Portal. The portal is a huge database of available internships and jobs, curated for Kean students. Additionally, Career Services encourages the use of resources like LinkedIn, Internships.com, Handshake, Careerbuilder and Idealist.org for job hunting.
The Career Services office also occasionally holds virtual events that can help students network, find jobs or internships, prepare their resumes or cover letters and much more.
Career Services' next upcoming event is the NJ Transit Virtual Internship Info Session on Monday, Oct. 19, from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. More details and events are available on their Cougar Link page.