Kean Stage Outdoor Performances

Previewing upcoming in-person Kean Stage events

Campus News > Kean Stage Outdoor Performances
Kean Stage Outdoor Performances
Kean Stage Outdoors, courtesy Kean Stage.
John Artenstein, Editor

Kean is a campus craving interactive events after a spring, summer and early fall conducted mostly remotely. Thankfully, Kean Stage, committed to offering exciting performing arts programming every year at Kean, has risen to the occasion, bringing a pair of innovative and compelling performances to live audiences in October as part of a new series called Kean Stage Outdoors.

On Thursday, Oct. 22, The Doo Wop Project will bring its ambitious mix of classic doo wop (in the style of: The Four Seasons, The Temptations or the Drifters) and re-imagined versions of contemporary songs and other classics to Kean Alumni Stadium. The Doo Wop Project are a talented group of Broadway performers who bring the history of doo wop and stylized adaptations to stages everywhere, a one-of-a-kind experience to study and enjoy decades of musical tradition. Their self-titled and "Merry Christmas! From The Doo Wop Project" collections, appearance details and more can be found on their website.

kean stage outdoors 1

The show will proceed from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for Kean students, with a two-ticket maximum. To reserve tickets, students can email ticket@kean.edu their names and student ID numbers. Guests must use the Kean Stage Outdoors Guest Contact Form to maintain the university's efforts in contact tracing to ensure the safety of all attendees. General Admission tickets are $30, and can be purchased on the Kean Stage website. In the event of rain, the show will be held on Friday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m.

Following that, on Saturday, Oct. 24, Kean Stage presents The Acrobats of Cirque-tacular, a touring, performing troupe of circus acrobats and artists who overwhelm and ensnare audiences of all ages. The event also takes place outdoors at Kean Alumni Stadium, audiences are encouraged to attend in costume. The performance will begin at 11 a.m. Like with the earlier show, Kean students can use their names and ID numbers to email ticket@kean.edu to secure tickets for $5, with a limit of two per student.

kean stage outdoors 2

General Admission tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children. Again, guests are required to fill out the Kean Stage Outdoors Guest Contact Form for the safety of the whole audience. The rain date for The Acrobats of Cirque-tacular is Sunday, Oct. 25 at 1 p.m. Tickets and more about the show can be found online.

To further ensure safety for both performances, Kean Stage will require masks for all attendees, offer sanitizers throughout the event and check guests' temperatures in their vehicles when they arrive. Guests will also be asked to record their attendance through Cougar Link using either their Kean ID or their Cougar Link Event Pass.

With a pair of exciting and novel events planned and a thorough plan for safety in place, Kean's community has that much more to look forward to this fall.

John Artenstein - web

John Artenstein, Editor
artenstj@kean.edu

John Shepherd is an English major with a concentration in creative writing. He has been a contributing editor for mayhemdotcom, The Odyssey Online, and other publications. John has authored the books Recent Words: A Collection of Poems and Stories and I Hear Your Favorite. He has also penned essays on culture, politics and more than a dozen albums of original alternative music. He is plotting careers in entertainment and publishing as he continues producing works of fiction and non-fiction across a variety of media.