Show Your Talent!

Kean’s Got Talent is hosting an Acting & Lip Singing Battle

Campus News > Show Your Talent!
Show Your Talent!
Join Kean Got Talent for their Acting & Lip Singing Battle.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

On Monday, Oct. 12, Kean’s Got Talent (KGT) is hosting an Acting & Lip Singing Battle. The event will take place from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. 

This event is set to take place online, and will be a fun event for students from all over to partake in together. For information on how to access the event, be sure to reach out to KGT on their Instagram @kean.got.talent, or via email at kgt@kean.edu.

At the Acting & Lip Singing Battle, the members of KGT and attendees will be enjoying their favorite music together. Performers and other participants will sing along to music of all kinds. There will also be poetry readings from students. Additionally, there will be a lip singing battle in which students will showcase their talents to the other attendees.

This event is open to the Kean community and all students are welcomed and encouraged to come and participate or spectate.

Carolina Monteiro-Chaves, President of KGT said, "Students can look forward to this theme based meeting to have fun with other Kean University students [while] acting or lip singing to their favorite movies, songs or scripts." 

KGT is an organization at Kean University that brings students together to express themselves through different forms of art. They have members that partake in many kinds of performing, such as singing, dancing, acting and playing instruments. They also have members that are interested in photography, film and much more. 

Monteiro-Chaves said, "Our organization offers a safe environment and a place to make friends which later on become a family."

She continued, "This organization means everything to me because I wanted to create a space where talented people and non talented people can come together and be a group as a whole. Whether you like to sing, dance, write poetry, do photography, love to film, etc."

Students are encouraged to join KGT if they are looking for an open space to showcase their talents to their peers. They welcome members from all performing levels.

For more information and to learn about their other upcoming events, be sure to check out their Cougar Link page. They also have an Instagram account, @kean.got.talent, and a Facebook page, Kean Got Talent.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.