The Chapter After Series

All about the Leadership Institute's Chapter After Series

Campus News > The Chapter After Series
The Chapter After Series
The Leadership Institute to host their Chapter After Series.
Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor

Every semester, the Leadership Institute hosts multiple events for their Chapter After Series. Their upcoming events include the Chapter After Series: Understanding Credit & Financials and the Chapter After Series: Remote Networking.

The Chapter After Series was created to help current and graduating Kean students learn practical information and skills that will be helpful after graduation. Some themes in the past have included organizational culture, interviewing skills, resume writing, taxes, internships, money management and more.

On Thursday, Oct. 22, the Leadership Institute hosted Chapter After Series: From Hobbies to Hustle, which discussed the ways one can earn money while enjoying their hobbies.

This week on Wednesday, Oct. 28, the Leadership Institute will be hosting the Chapter After Series: Understanding Credit & Financials at 7 p.m. via Zoom.

The event will feature discussion about money management skills. Attendees can learn all about student loans and credit cards, and ask any questions they may have about finances.

Following this event, the Leadership Institute will host Chapter After Series: Remote Networking on Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. via Zoom.

This event will discuss a critical component in finding a job: networking. Networking is extremely helpful in learning about new opportunities and getting connected to the correct people to forward one's career. Leadership specialists will discuss ways to do this remotely, as present circumstances limit face-to-face networking.

To gain access to these events, students must first RSVP via Cougar Link.

The Leadership Institute is a four-year certification program that offers five different leadership programs through the Center for Leadership and Service. These programs include the T2K Bronze Leadership Program, Silver Leadership Program, Gold Leadership Program and Platinum Leadership Program. Additionally, the Leadership Institute offers a seven-week leadership certification program called L.E.A.D. In addition to their programs, the Leadership Institute periodically offers events open to the Kean community, such as their Chapter After Series.

For more information about these events and all Leadership Institute programs, please contact leadershipinstitute@kean.edu.

Abigail Anne Rafael - web

Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor
rafaela@kean.edu

Abigail Anne Rafael is the Senior Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and first joined staff in January 2018. She is a communication major with a concentration in public relations. Abigail aims to inspire and motivate readers with her writing. After graduating from Kean, she hopes to work for a Catholic company to dispel mistruths about the Church.