Calling All World-Class Leaders

Applications open for student representative to the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors

Campus News > Calling All World-Class Leaders
Calling All World-Class Leaders
Apply to be a student representative to the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors today!
Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor

The Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors has opened applications for the position of a non-voting student representative. This position would last for two years, ending on June 30, 2022. Completed applications are due through Cougar Link by Monday, Nov. 30 at 2 p.m. Elections will take place from Monday, Dec. 14 at 9 a.m. to Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020 at 6 p.m.

To be eligible, a student applicant must meet the following criteria:

• be a full-time, matriculating student in good standing and with no history of any student conduct violations
  • 18 years of age or older
  • a US citizen
  • undergraduate applicants must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
  • undergraduate applicants must have completed at least 30 degree credits, with at least 15 of those credits having been completed at Kean University
  • graduate applicants must be full time students, have a cumulative GPA of average of 3.0 and have completed at least 12 credits at Kean University

Non-voting student representatives act as liaisons between the Wenzhou-University Board of Directors and the Kean University USA student body. The student representative will be a participant of regular meetings and student affairs committee meetings of the board. The student representative may also attend meetings for Student Organization, the Graduate and Part-Time Student Council and the Student Leadership Council to keep up to date on the needs of the student body. Additionally, student representatives periodically meet with the Vice President for Student Affairs to discuss any issues or concerns that may arise. More information about this opportunity can be found here.

The prestigious position is a wonderful chance for students looking to be thoroughly involved in a variety of aspects of Kean University life. This is a unique opportunity to network across the world and work with individuals with many backgrounds and interests.

Students who accept this challenge will be sure to gain many important experiences and considerably develop their skillset.

Interested students can complete the application form titled, "Application for Non-Voting Student Representative to the Wnzhou-Kean University Board of Directors," found under "Forms" on Cougar Link.

Any questions about this position can be directed to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at studentaffairs@kean.edu.

Abigail Anne Rafael - web

Abigail Anne Rafael, Senior Editor
rafaela@kean.edu

Abigail Anne Rafael is the Senior Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and first joined staff in January 2018. She is a communication major with a concentration in public relations. Abigail aims to inspire and motivate readers with her writing. After graduating from Kean, she hopes to work for a Catholic company to dispel mistruths about the Church.