Kean Writing Center: Virtual Poetry Series

Come and learn more about the art of poetry

Campus News > Kean Writing Center: Virtual Poetry Series
Kean's Writing Services will be having a series of virtual poetry workshops throughout the month of November.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

Kean's Writing Center will be hosting a series of poetry writing workshops throughout the month of November. Each session will have a different theme, focusing on a specific aspect of the poetic creation process. All sessions will be held virtually with spots being limited, so it is recommended that attendees register as soon as possible.

The first session, "Introduction to Poetry," takes place on Nov. 6 from 5 to 6 p.m. Attendees will learn how to comprehend poetry, along with the various modes of interpretation. Users can register for this session here.

The second session, "Poetry Structure & Writing Workshop," will be held on Nov. 13 from 5 to 6 p.m. This time, attendees will work alongside writing coaches to develop their own poetry. Users can register for this session here.

The final session, "Poetry Open Mic Night," will follow on Nov. 20, from 5 to 6 p.m. Participants will have the opportunity to share their poetry with the community. Users can register for this session here.

Kean's Writing Center offers tutoring for students that require assistance in both academic and professional writing, such as resumes, cover letters, papers, admission essays or any other related projects.

For more information about the poetry workshop series, the Writing Center can be emailed at writingcenter@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Khali Raymond is a junior pursuing his Bachelor of Arts in English with a Writing Option. He graduated from Berkeley College - Newark with his Associate’s in Business Administration in August 2019. Joining the staff in September 2019, he works as a staff writer for The Cougar’s Byte. Khali has a lengthy resume with five years of professional experience in creative writing and publishing. He has written for editorials such as The Obama Foundation, Prudential, and PTSDJournal. Khali is also a performance poet and emcee. Khali plans to proceed with his plans of becoming a bestselling author, critically acclaimed poet and a multi-platinum selling artist after attaining his degree from Kean University.