Kean Writing Center: Virtual Poetry Series

Come and learn more about the art of poetry

Campus News > Kean Writing Center: Virtual Poetry Series
Kean's Writing Services will be having a series of virtual poetry workshops throughout the month of November.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

Kean's Writing Center will be hosting a series of poetry writing workshops throughout the month of November. Each session will have a different theme, focusing on a specific aspect of the poetic creation process. All sessions will be held virtually with spots being limited, so it is recommended that attendees register as soon as possible.

The first session, "Introduction to Poetry," takes place on Nov. 6 from 5 to 6 p.m. Attendees will learn how to comprehend poetry, along with the various modes of interpretation. Users can register for this session here.

The second session, "Poetry Structure & Writing Workshop," will be held on Nov. 13 from 5 to 6 p.m. This time, attendees will work alongside writing coaches to develop their own poetry. Users can register for this session here.

The final session, "Poetry Open Mic Night," will follow on Nov. 20, from 5 to 6 p.m. Participants will have the opportunity to share their poetry with the community. Users can register for this session here.

Kean's Writing Center offers tutoring for students that require assistance in both academic and professional writing, such as resumes, cover letters, papers, admission essays or any other related projects.

For more information about the poetry workshop series, the Writing Center can be emailed at writingcenter@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Raymond_Khali-web.jpg

Khali Raymond is a senior majoring in English with a writing concentration. He attained his associate's in business administration from Berkeley College - Newark in 2019. In addition to his work as a staff writer, he is also a published author, spoken word artist, musician, activist and is the president of Kean Got Talent, a performing arts club on campus. Khali uses his creativity to overcome all adversity and impact the lives of those around him.