Upcoming Events from Student Organization

The Student Organization of Kean University continues to keep students engaged

Campus News > Upcoming Events from Student Organization
Learn about the upcoming virtual events Student Organization has planned.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

Student Organization of Kean University has plentiful programming lined up throughout the month of November.

Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this organization remains committed to its mission of enhancing the personal and social growth of everyone that it serves.

Their first event, Shameless, will be held virtually on Nov. 12 from 5 to 7 p.m. Shameless centers around body positivity and adopting healthy eating habits. Students who attend and remain present for the event will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a $100 Hello Fresh gift card. Further details about the event will be announced. Students can RSVP and find further information on Cougar Link.

Goodbye College, Hello Life is the next event, taking place on Nov. 18 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. via Zoom. The senior class of 2021 will be having a virtual presentation describing the final steps of completing senior year, and preparing students to enter the workforce or apply for graduate school.

Important senior year dates, test prep tips, grad school applications and services offered via Career Services will be discussed in the virtual events. Students will also be entered into a raffle for wonderful giveaways. More information on Goodbye College, Hello Life can be found on Cougar Link.

Student Organization is dedicated to maintaining an environment where the freedom of expression can reverberate through scholarly opinion, debate and education through its programming and services. For questions, comments and concerns, Student Org can be emailed at stuorg@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Khali Raymond is a junior pursuing his Bachelor of Arts in English with a Writing Option. He graduated from Berkeley College - Newark with his Associate’s in Business Administration in August 2019. Joining the staff in September 2019, he works as a staff writer for The Cougar’s Byte. Khali has a lengthy resume with five years of professional experience in creative writing and publishing. He has written for editorials such as The Obama Foundation, Prudential, and PTSDJournal. Khali is also a performance poet and emcee. Khali plans to proceed with his plans of becoming a bestselling author, critically acclaimed poet and a multi-platinum selling artist after attaining his degree from Kean University.