Mind Over Matter

Learn the benefits of stress management through painting

Campus Life > Mind Over Matter
Mind Over Matter
Come and join the Sophomore Class of 2023 and Junior Class of 2022 for a virtual painting session on ways to manage stress and overcome anxiety.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, Dec. 8, the Sophomore Class of 2023 and Junior Class of 2022 are hosting a virtual paint-and-sip via Zoom from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., to help students relax and clear their minds.

Between the ongoing pandemic and finals on the horizon, the stressful times can have a significant impact on a student's physical, mental and social health.

Prior to the pandemic, 24% of students in the U.S. were stressed about their future, pertaining to their employment and financial stability.

45% stress levels among college students are considered higher than average. One in five college students have reported their mental health worsened as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Fortunately, this painting session includes a discussion around ways to better cope with anxiety and depression, as attendees will have their minds refreshed with inclusive conversation and paintbrushes to boot.

Those who RVSP before Nov. 19 will receive painting supplies to accompany them for the event. The passcode for the event is "matter."

For more information about the upcoming event, Student Organization can be emailed at stuorg@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Khali Raymond is a junior pursuing his Bachelor of Arts in English with a Writing Option. He graduated from Berkeley College - Newark with his Associate’s in Business Administration in August 2019. Joining the staff in September 2019, he works as a staff writer for The Cougar’s Byte. Khali has a lengthy resume with five years of professional experience in creative writing and publishing. He has written for editorials such as The Obama Foundation, Prudential, and PTSDJournal. Khali is also a performance poet and emcee. Khali plans to proceed with his plans of becoming a bestselling author, critically acclaimed poet and a multi-platinum selling artist after attaining his degree from Kean University.