Get Ready to Meet the Greeks

An opportunity for students to learn more about what Greek Life offers

Homepage > Campus News > Get Ready to Meet the Greeks
Get Ready to Meet the Greeks
Meet the Greeks will be held virtually on Wednesday, Jan. 27 for the second time. There students will be able to learn more about Greek Life and everything it has to offer at the university.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

At the start of every semester, each Greek organization at Kean gathers for one huge spectacle to give the students the opportunity of learning about all that is Greek Life at the university. Many students anticipate Meet the Greeks.

Meet the Greeks is known for attracting attendees from across the tri-state area because of its festivities and activities such as performances, games and the ability to network with others, whether they are current students or alumni. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Meet The Greeks will be taking place virtually for the second time via Cougar Link on Wednesday, Jan. 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. During this time, each letter organization will have their own rooms to greet guests through either Google Meet or Zoom.

A comprehensive list with all the partaking organizations will be shown through Cougar Link where attendees are free to click on whichever one captivates their interest.

With over fifteen sororities and fraternities with one co-ed organization that the Center for Leadership and Service and Greek Life recognizes, each organization has a unique identity where they are able to express themselves freely and make an impact on the community.

Students that are interested in initiating the new member education process for an organization must meet the following criteria:

• having earned a minimum 2.6 GPA
  • completed twelve credits or more at the university
  • submitting a complete Prospective New Member Information Form with their full name, ID number and the selected sorority or fraternity to the Center for Leadership and Service for approval
  • attend a new member orientation

All Spring 2021 Greek organization new member education processes must conclude by Friday, Apr. 9, 2021.

Similarly to how it was in person, each organization will have a specific section where students are going to have the opportunity to meet members, learn more about the organization and have a fun time.

It is up to the student to decide which section where they want to have the most fun.

Greek Life strives to promote student development through leadership and community based opportunities along with campus involvement and fraternal friendship to provide scholars with a quality undergraduate experience.

Many students have the chance to have post-graduate association where they are able to interact with their members, be a part of programs and opportunities long after graduation.

For more information on the Meet the Greeks along with any questions, comments or concerns, students are welcome to follow @keangreeks on Instagram where they can also message the account along with sending an email to greeks@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Raymond_Khali-web.jpg

Khali Raymond is a senior majoring in English with a writing concentration. He attained his associate's in business administration from Berkeley College - Newark in 2019. In addition to his work as a staff writer, he is also a published author, spoken word artist, musician, activist and is the president of Kean Got Talent, a performing arts club on campus. Khali uses his creativity to overcome all adversity and impact the lives of those around him.