Get Involved!

he Involvement Center at Kean University it a center for students to grow their campus involvement

Features > Get Involved!
Get Involved!

The Involvement Center in the Miron Student Center, Room 303 helps connect students to involvement opportunities. 

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

Involvement is a vital aspect of the collegiate experience for students. It allows students to learn more about topics that interest them while making connections with peers and staff. At Kean University, one of the main hubs of student involvement is through the Involvement Center.

The Involvement Center is a joint effort between the Office of Student Government, the Center for Leadership and Service and the Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management Office. They have been teamed together to aid students in expanding their involvement on campus.

Kean University has over 140+ recognized student groups ranging from various majors, interests and more. Through the help of the Involvement Center, these groups are able to flourish in their own respective ways. 

The Involvement Center is located in the Miron Student Center Room 303, however they have recently begun offering a virtual front desk option to accommodate the COVID-19 pandemic. This way, students can still get connected to involvement opportunities and student group resources. 

Involvement Center Virtual Front Desk

Students can join the virtual front desk line by visiting the website or scanning the QR code. The hours of operation for the virtual front desk are Monday through Thursday from noon to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

There are many services that the Involvement Center offers to help student groups. For example, in their office they have student group mailboxes and lockers. They also offer an executive board and small group conference rooms for students to rent out to host organizational meetings. Additionally, there are computer workstations with printers available.

The Involvement Center is staffed by student leaders, which are trained to connect students with involvement opportunities that fit their needs. Additionally, they are able to provide student group consultation and mentoring services to students. This can include helping with room reservation, student group forms and more. 

The staff at the Involvement Center are also trained to help students navigate Cougar Link, which is Kean’s online student management and extracurricular involvement tracking system. Here, all of the recognized student groups are listed with their own webpage so students can browse and find groups to fit their needs. Also, all of the upcoming events are listed here to ensure that students know what events are available for them to attend. 

Through the Involvement Center, students in organizations are provided with student group developments, workshops and training opportunities to help grow into well-rounded individuals and expand their involvement opportunities. 

For students that are not yet involved but are interested, the Involvement Staff can help find the right organizations and opportunities for them. With the plethora of recognized student groups available to join on campus, the Involvement Center can help connect students based on their interests and previous experiences. 

Be sure to contact the Involvement Center via email at groups@kean.edu or join the Virtual Front Desk to learn more about the involvement opportunities offered at Kean University. Additionally, students can visit their Kean webpage or Cougar Link for forms or more information relating to involvement. 

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.