Beginning Feb. 1, the Center for Leadership and Service will be hosting Involvement Week, a week-long event for students that are interested in co-curricular opportunities for the spring semester. Like other events, this will be taking place virtually via Zoom.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still in effect, it has been a challenge for students to find ways to get involved due in part by the restrictions and closures set in place. However, opportunities remain for students that show interest in wanting to assist in helping others in need and enriching the quality of life in their communities.
Throughout the entire week, other events by the Center for Leadership and Service will be hosted in addition to the ones from Involvement Week. Below is a list of them:
- Involvement Week: Student Panel - Monday, Feb. 1 from 7 to 8 p.m.
- A Guide to Community Service Meet Up - Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9 from 4 to 5 p.m. and Wednesday, Feb. 17 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wear Red: Baking for Heart Health - Wednesday, Feb. 3 from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Involvement Week: Kahoot Kean Trivia - Thursday, Feb. 4 from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Involvement Week: Getting Involved - Friday, Feb. 5 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Partaking in co-curricular activities helps students build social relationships, improve their time management skills, grow their confidence and teach them about commitment. It is imperative students take advantages of the opportunities above as they can be extremely helpful.
The Center for Leadership and Service is constantly committed to providing students with opportunities to grow and develop through workshops, training, co-curricular and academic opportunities. For any questions, comments or concerns, the Center for Leadership and Service can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Instagram at @keaninvolvement.