Get Ready for Involvement Week Spring 2021

Center for Leadership and Service are hosting events to foster student involvement

Campus News > Get Ready for Involvement Week Spring 2021
From Feb. 1-5, the Center for Leadership and Service are hosting events for the Kean community to get students involved in co-curricular opportunities.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

Beginning Feb. 1, the Center for Leadership and Service will be hosting Involvement Week, a week-long event for students that are interested in co-curricular opportunities for the spring semester. Like other events, this will be taking place virtually via Zoom.

With the COVID-19 pandemic still in effect, it has been a challenge for students to find ways to get involved due in part by the restrictions and closures set in place. However, opportunities remain for students that show interest in wanting to assist in helping others in need and enriching the quality of life in their communities.

Throughout the entire week, other events by the Center for Leadership and Service will be hosted in addition to the ones from Involvement Week. Below is a list of them:

These events will provide students with a way to learn more of how they can be role models and set examples in the Kean community.

Partaking in co-curricular activities helps students build social relationships, improve their time management skills, grow their confidence and teach them about commitment. It is imperative students take advantages of the opportunities above as they can be extremely helpful.

The Center for Leadership and Service is constantly committed to providing students with opportunities to grow and develop through workshops, training, co-curricular and academic opportunities. For any questions, comments or concerns, the Center for Leadership and Service can be emailed at cls@kean.edu and followed on Instagram at @keaninvolvement.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Raymond_Khali-web.jpg

Khali Raymond is a senior majoring in English with a writing concentration. He attained his associate's in business administration from Berkeley College - Newark in 2019. In addition to his work as a staff writer, he is also a published author, spoken word artist, musician, activist and is the president of Kean Got Talent, a performing arts club on campus. Khali uses his creativity to overcome all adversity and impact the lives of those around him.