#RelationshipGoals

Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority Inc., Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority Inc. and Lambda Sigma Upsilon Latino Fraternity Inc. hosted a discussion panel on Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Campus Life > #RelationshipGoals
#RelationshipGoals
#IssaRelationship Pt. 4 was a discussion panel talking about dating during the COVID-19 pandemic
Justin Kanski, Staff Writer

The sisters of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority Inc. along with the sisters of Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority Inc. and the brothers of Lambda Sigma Upsilon Latino Fraternity Inc. hosted a discussion panel on Tuesday, Feb. 9. What are the norms of a relationship? What are the ups and downs of being in a relationship? 

Held via Google Meets, this event was a free tell-all insightful discussion accessible to register via Cougar link.

So what exactly was discussed one may ask? Single, taken, ready to mingle, it’s complicated, forever alone are various statuses that can be relayed to and shared via different social media sites. These social media sites include but are not limited to:

1. Facebook

2. Twitter

3. Instagram

4. Snapchat

5. TikTok

6. YouTube

During the Covid-19 pandemic, being in a relationship has become challenging along with meeting new people, even more so with the many restrictions in place. Is the relationship thriving from constantly being together in lockdown or is there a need to meet new people and engage in a safe environment that is more than just a computer screen?

Our Kean University Greek Organizations were busy talking about all of this and more by genuinely discussing the ins and outs of making a relationship work. There was talk about “love language” and how using the appropriate terms of endearment such as “boo” or “bae” can strengthen communication in a relationship or even better is the physical touch that can make that bond stronger. 

Let’s face it, social distancing can cause increased anxiety, depression, helplessness and despair. Being in a relationship does have some benefits to providing a positive outlet that anything is possible even in the worst of times. Still single? Well, that’s ok because one must learn to love oneself before being able to share that with anyone. Stress levels while juggling a relationship, school, a job and a personal life can impede on one's health status. It is of extreme importance to focus on the individual while maintaining a level of sanity. Remember to keep an open mind but if something doesn’t feel right or toxic, seek counseling. Continue to find support systems and channel your needs to positive goals and attributions in life. 

For more information on future events discussing relationships or to learn more about the university's Greek organizations, please visit Cougar link. The Kean Counseling Center is also available to ensure that students continue to feel supported during these times of uncertainty. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact (908) 316-8217.

Justin Kanski - web

Justin Kanski, Staff Writer
kanskij@kean.edu

Justin Kanski is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus on Media/Film and a minor in Health Relations. A Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte, Justin is also a part of Kean TV and WKNJ 90.3 Cougar Radio as the host of J Money Jams. He is a member of the Leadership Institute Platinum Level and has served as a New Student Orientation Leader for the past two years. Justin’s favorite shows are “Power” and "Cobra Kai" while his favorite movies are anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He also loves listening to Hip-Hop music. Whether it be in front of the camera or behind it, Justin aspires to be a media mogul.