Apply to be a Student Representative to the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors

The Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors is accepting applications for a student representative

Essentials > Apply to be a Student Representative to the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors
Students interested in applying to be the Student Representative must submit their application via Cougar Link by 2 p.m. on Friday, March 12.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

The Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors recently announced that they are electing one non-voting student representative to serve on the board. The student elected will serve a two-year term concluding June 30, 2023.

Students that are interested in consideration for this role must complete an application that can be found on Cougar Link. The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs must receive the completed application via Cougar Link on or before 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 12, 2021 in order to be eligible.

There are a few requirements that students must meet in order to be considered for the student representative role. For example, they must be a full-time matriculated student in good standing, which includes no previous history of student conduct violations. Applicants must also be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States. 

Additionally, it is a requirement that the undergraduate students maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher if appointed for the position. Students applying must have completed at least 30 credits, with 15 of those completed at Kean University. 

Graduate students must also be a full-time matriculated student in good standing with the university. They must have and uphold a 3.0 grade point average and have completed at least 12 credits at Kean University in order to be considered eligible. 

If students meet or exceed all of the requirements and are interested in the role, they are encouraged to apply to become a member of the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors. 

There will be an online student representative election. This will transpire from Monday April 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. to Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Any student that is currently registered at Kean are eligible and encouraged to vote on the student representative. For more information regarding the election policy, be sure to visit their Kean webpage.

The student representatives of the Wenzhou-Kean University Board of Directors have duties and responsibilities, such as participating and attending the board meetings. They act as liaisons between the Wenzhou-University Board of Directors and the Kean University USA student body and offer the perspective of a Kean USA student. To learn more about these duties and responsibilities, be sure to check out their Kean webpage.

For questions regarding the position or application, students can contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at (908) 737-5260.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.