Midterm Mania

Resources, events and study spaces for students to utilize to ace their midterms

Campus Life > Midterm Mania
Midterm Mania
Make the most of your midterms through these resources.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

Midterms are coming up, which can become a stressful time for students. Through these resources and advice, students can proactively approach their midterms to ensure academic success. 

Kean University is here to guide students through their academic endeavors, including midterms. The Academic Support Services offered through the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons (NTLC) can assist students as they navigate through their midterms. 

For example, they offer online writing services for students that may have written assignments during this time. They are located in NTLC Room 108 and students can make appointments on TutorTrac. They also have online resources on their website for students to utilize. 

The Public Speaking Lab is also available for students that may need to make presentations during this time. They help consult students in the writing and speaking process to ensure you are presenting the information in an effective manner. Students can also make appointments on TurtorTrac or visit the resources on their webpage. 

There are also Tutoring Services available through the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons. This covers a wide range of undergraduate courses and is focused on the student and the areas that they need guidance in. Students can make appointments on TutorTrac or visit their webpage to view the array of resources available. 

Some students may just be looking for a quiet place to study or complete their assignments. The Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons is a great place for students to do this. They are currently open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Students in need of a computer can visit the Miron Student Center (MSC) Computer Lab MSC Room 105. Their current hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m, Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. There are a maximum of 12 students permitted at a time and the first hour of each day is dedicated to students who are at a higher risk of transmission.

It should be noted that students coming to campus must utilize the #CampusClear app to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them. 

Not only is it important for students to dedicate time to their academics during midterms, it is also important to ensure that one is making time for self-care. Students should always remember to prioritize their mental health. 

The Counseling, Accessibility, and Alcohol and Other Drug Services offer events daily for students to check-in with themselves. For example, they host Virtual Talk Space, Virtual Mindfulness and LGBTQIA+ Talk Space. To find out about their upcoming events, be sure to check out their Cougar Link page. 

There is also a Virtual Community Yoga event being hosted by the School of Health and Human Performance and The Yoga Club of Kean University. This event can allow students to relieve their stress and allot time for themselves. This event is being hosted every Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. 

Through these events, resources and study spaces, students can find what they are looking for to succeed at their midterms.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.